1. Was that as part of The Complete U2 on iTunes or something else?
  2. Really a shame that it's not available anymore. That physical media is out of print at some point is logical, but a digital product?
    I'd gladly pay for an officially released download of the New Years Eve Show, preferably in flac from Qobuz or Highresaudio. It's been released already, so why not make it available again?
  3. Originally posted by Papo:Really a shame that it's not available anymore. That physical media is out of print at some point is logical, but a digital product?
    I'd gladly pay for an officially released download of the New Years Eve Show, preferably in flac from Qobuz or Highresaudio. It's been released already, so why not make it available again?
    Yeah, I don't get it either. I get that they'd prefer a purchase over free (or almost free) streaming, but the complete unavailability makes me go
  4. There were some great cuts in the iTunes collection but I couldn't justify the enormous cost to purchase the dozen or so studio albums I already owned just to get access to rarities like this. This should be released for purchase again or made the fan club subscription gift for 2020 to mark 30 years since this critical pivot point in their career.
  5. Got the Point Depot downloaded but it plays with a split second of silence between tracks. Anyone got any simple idea about how to edit it out?

I am playing through iTunes and know how notorious it can be for gapless playback.

My ZooTV and U22 CDs play fine with gapless playback,
  6. Originally posted by RhysBP:Got the Point Depot downloaded but it plays with a split second of silence between tracks. Anyone got any simple idea about how to edit it out?

I am playing through iTunes and know how notorious it can be for gapless playback.

On iTunes you can edit the track to stop playback at a certain point of the song, so in this case you could adjust it by a second or less. Then create aac version and it will create the edited version for you with the split second less. I’ve only learned about it recently.
  7. I have this show too on the bootleg but never had a chance to get the I-tunes version. Is the I-tunes better sounding and if so, I would love a copy please?
  8. Originally posted by RhysBP:Got the Point Depot downloaded but it plays with a split second of silence between tracks. Anyone got any simple idea about how to edit it out?

I have this official show and my music player is Poweramp....supports gapless playback and has the logic to recognise any gaps and make transitions seemless
  9. Originally posted by defnick:I have this show too on the bootleg but never had a chance to get the I-tunes version. Is the I-tunes better sounding and if so, I would love a copy please?
    No noticeably so to be honest....although my old bootleg version did have a sound issue with Bad which obviously doesn't appear on the official release. Also the official relase omits The Times , They Are a Changin' presumably for copyright / performance issues.
  10. You could also create your own gapless show in an audio editor like Audacity or Goldweave.