1. Originally posted by melon51:Impressive, looks like they found their new drummer. The boy is a powerhouse. I also loved the 12-year old girl Nandi Bushell (she's from the UK). She played with them last year on Everlong in LA and absolutely crushed it (and she was 11 at the time)
    He's way too young to be in that band full time as good as he is it would be way too much pressure and then he would be constantly compared to his father , Rufus TT was excellent aswell and looks alarmingly similar to Taylor Hawkins ,however Travis Barker knocked it out the park an incredible Drummer even Dave Grohl was in awe of him.
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    He’s incredible! But he was GASSED after one song. Goes to show just how hard it is to play at that level for over 2 hours!!!
    Yes noticed that too. Guess it's that youthful (over)confidence a bit. If he learns to pace himself it might work in a few years
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    He's way too young to be in that band full time as good as he is it would be way too much pressure and then he would be constantly compared to his father , Rufus TT was excellent aswell and looks alarmingly similar to Taylor Hawkins ,however Travis Barker knocked it out the park an incredible Drummer even Dave Grohl was in awe of him.
    When I first tuned in my brain was a little broken at seeing Rufus. I was never suggesting Shane was a suitable full time replacement. Just that he buried himself for that one song.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    He is now, definitely. Probably should wait until he's 20 or so
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I think those gasps were pure adrenaline and emotion. He was getting a lot out by banging those drums. Unreal to watch.
    16 year boy has stamina, guess he just gave it all for that one song. But no doubt he could play a full show in 2 years time or so
  6. Would love to see them continue touring, I think they still enjoy it. Maybe have guest drummers or with a new one.. although I don't think anyone will ever be able to replace Taylor, his energy or charisma
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    He’s incredible! But he was GASSED after one song. Goes to show just how hard it is to play at that level for over 2 hours!!!
    Yes! People don't realize how incredibly demanding playing music (specially singing and above all drumming) is. Doing it at full power and speed for 2.5 - 3 hours is perfectly comparable to proper athletics.

Taylor was a beast and his son will be a beast too, as soon as he learns to ration that energy and passion. As Gerard says, adrenaline probably played a big role in that performance. For heavens sake, the guy lost his father 5 months ago and now he is performing in front of 75k loyal fans of his big man! I'm still surprised he didn't break down in tears or something.
  8. I think Shane gave it his all, knowing that is was one song. No doubt the kid will be able to do a full show now or in the future.
  9. Two great tributes to Taylor Hawkins such a great lineup of brilliant musicians paid their dues, bizzare that no members of U2 were involved thought maybe Edge or Larry would have done something as they both knew him and he was a fan of the band ,big question now is will they carry on or split and pursue other musical projects.
  10. Foo Fighters are touring in 2023.
    Not sure if Dave Grohl will be on drums or someone else. FF had Taylor Hawkins, an integral part of their band, die tragically and they are going back on the road to celebrate his life. Classy move. And this new iteration of FF will still tour before U2. Enough said.
  11. Originally posted by LostSailor:Foo Fighters are touring in 2023.
    Not sure if Dave Grohl will be on drums or someone else. FF had Taylor Hawkins, an integral part of their band, die tragically and they are going back on the road to celebrate his life. Classy move. And this new iteration of FF will still tour before U2. Enough said.
    I saw their post earlier. Personally thought they would and perhaps should call it a day.