1. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]

I'm fairly sure "Sixty-Nine" originated from the STS, Dublin 1990 / Hansa, Berlin 1991 sessions and was possibly the original working title for UTEOTW before it became UTEOTW, I remember reading the song title being mentioned in interviews from around the time too.

On the Hansa outtakes (which I think at least some was actually recorded in Dublin during 1990 prior going to Berlin) there are two takes of a song which I always called 'I Feel Free (69)' before Achtung dropped. Together with another longer take ('Don't Hide Away') - they are clearly the early beginnings of UTEOTW. On the second take, on there, you can hear Edge sing 'Sixty-nine' as a backing vocal during the chorus.
    Lady with the Spinning Head, also has the reference.
  2. The Hansa Ton tapes won’t be listed. The reason being is they’ve had so many ‘titles’ - and not sure what is what really. The list will be re-organised and hopefully finished / fleshed out in the next couple months.

Thanks for the input all too.
  3. One day I will get around to finishing this. It's a project I may work on in the next nine years.
  4. I second my opinion from five years back. U2 are terrified of unreleased songs. With a band that takes so long to make albums, it would be nice to have a huge box set of demos, outtakes, and alternate takes. Make it 5-8 discs, each one approaching 80 minutes, and there can be a best of at 2 discs. No, they would not make a billion dollars, but their sessions will simply waste away in a vault nobody will care about in a few years. They could make fans happy and get a small payday as well, but I know they are too afraid to do it.
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:I second my opinion from five years back. U2 are terrified of unreleased songs. With a band that takes so long to make albums, it would be nice to have a huge box set of demos, outtakes, and alternate takes. Make it 5-8 discs, each one approaching 80 minutes, and there can be a best of at 2 discs. No, they would not make a billion dollars, but their sessions will simply waste away in a vault nobody will care about in a few years. They could make fans happy and get a small payday as well, but I know they are too afraid to do it.
    Would be amazing to have something like this..but they'd spend years altering, editing, redoing vocals, etc..they could have done something like this during covid times - keep fans interested and excited. Ah well
  6. Originally posted by pleasegone:I second my opinion from five years back. U2 are terrified of unreleased songs. With a band that takes so long to make albums, it would be nice to have a huge box set of demos, outtakes, and alternate takes. Make it 5-8 discs, each one approaching 80 minutes, and there can be a best of at 2 discs. No, they would not make a billion dollars, but their sessions will simply waste away in a vault nobody will care about in a few years. They could make fans happy and get a small payday as well, but I know they are too afraid to do it.
    They don't need the pay day.
    They should release outtakes, demos, etc to U2.com fan club members. Now that would be an epic gift!
  7. I would need someone who knows to explain to me how long it takes to remaster something or things like these, I totally don't know that and maybe that way, I can understand the band
  8. Originally posted by Damonio123:I would need someone who knows to explain to me how long it takes to remaster something or things like these, I totally don't know that and maybe that way, I can understand the band
    i think that they just do a better master of all songs, starting from its original master, or from original tapes
  9. Originally posted by Damonio123:I would need someone who knows to explain to me how long it takes to remaster something or things like these, I totally don't know that and maybe that way, I can understand the band
    It can be as quick as 10 minutes per song if you know what you're going for (more bass, vocals more blended etc)
  10. They don't understand themselves at all, as wonderful as they are. Sometimes I like it that way, like listening to Bono ramble on in interviews. Not so much as how old material is handled. But as bad as they handle those things, some bands give their fans nothing, no live releases, no nothing. So I wish it was better, but it is better than a lot. We should be happy, but I will still complain lol. It's my nature.
  11. It's "Winter" an outtake?
    I love that song, both versions