1. Would anyone else like to see a vamped up version of the rating system for bootlegs? We have the 5-star audience set, but could there be a separate one for the song quality in itself? Often times I'm finding concerts where the audience is just phenomenal but the sound quality seems to be lacking.

Comments?
  2. You can select your ten favorite bootlegs in your profile, that's enough for now. I don't think a performance rating would work right now.
  3. I don't know... it's very subjective. What may sound good for me doesn't exactly will for you... some don't like the hiss on a recording and some other love it... That would be more difficult if we considered more criteria...
  4. Originally posted by redguitaronfireI don't know... it's very subjective. What may sound good for me doesn't exactly will for you... some don't like the hiss on a recording and some other love it... That would be more difficult if we considered more criteria...

But then again you need a lot of input from users to get an objective rating of a bootleg. We talk about more than 1000 bootlegs, one user can rate half of the bootlegs, that's not very objective.
  5. Originally posted by Remy[..]

But then again you need a lot of input from users to get an objective rating of a bootleg. We talk about more than 1000 bootlegs, one user can rate half of the bootlegs, that's not very objective.

Yeah, and in the bottom there is the fact that most of us don't download the shows because the soundboard quality, but because the rarity of the setlists, or maybe because you attended a particular night... again, the raiting is just a very general idea in order not to cheat people... it didn't happen in the days you spent a lot of money on a bad recording taht some seller claimed to be soundboard...