1. I'll take your word for it

(no idea what you are talking about!!)

I'll post my desktop when I next get on it. Very topical desktop...
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis:[..]

I'll take your word for it

(no idea what you are talking about!!)

I'll post my desktop when I next get on it. Very topical desktop...

Desktop effects, pretty much. Like fading in, rotating, cubes etc. You think that's awesome, check out one of only four effects Vista can do:

Sadly, the effects really do suck.

3. Cheers mate, I always prefer the silver theme to the classic blue, and I actually never noticed that the background kinda fitted said theme lol!
  4. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Cheers mate, I always prefer the silver theme to the classic blue, and I actually never noticed that the background kinda fitted said theme lol!

I liked the blue - the olive was okay, but not overly awesome. All dependent on tastes again...I always liked the basic Windows2000 theme - very simple and easy to use.
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:I liked the blue - the olive was okay, but not overly awesome. All dependent on tastes again...I always liked the basic Windows2000 theme - very simple and easy to use.

Definitely - a lot of aesthetic decisions come down to taste, e.g. 99/100 I prefer buying white football/rugby boots to black ones (or similar dark colours), but I never buy anything other than predominantly dark coloured shoes for general walking about. My previous desktop was this over a black background, but after a while it just got a bit dull - too much in the way of empty space with nothing interesting to look at lol
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Definitely - a lot of aesthetic decisions come down to taste, e.g. 99/100 I prefer buying white football/rugby boots to black ones (or similar dark colours), but I never buy anything other than predominantly dark coloured shoes for general walking about. My previous desktop was this over a black background, but after a while it just got a bit dull - too much in the way of empty space with nothing interesting to look at lol

That's much like me. If I'm buying something it has to be only one colour. Like say I buy a monitor - it had to be black to match the desk, the wireless dongle, the CD rack etc...such simple decisions but make a whole world of difference to me. But then if it has too much colour I can't stand it - which in contrast, is odd.

That is a nice photo but by god there's not much there. Because of my strange obsession with having no desktop icons and not much else either, the photo has to have as much detail as possible to compensate, otherwise it would look bland.
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins:That's much like me. If I'm buying something it has to be only one colour. Like say I buy a monitor - it had to be black to match the desk, the wireless dongle, the CD rack etc...such simple decisions but make a whole world of difference to me. But then if it has too much colour I can't stand it - which in contrast, is odd.

That is a nice photo but by god there's not much there. Because of my strange obsession with having no desktop icons and not much else either, the photo has to have as much detail as possible to compensate, otherwise it would look bland.

Definitely, it may only be a small issue in the grand scheme of things but finding the right balance for a desktop can make the difference between something engaging and something pretty crap lol. Weird thing is, I rarely ever use the desktop icons, save for the recycle bin lol, but I have to have it in just such an order otherwise it doesn't feel right. Perhaps I have an OCD lol...

Bloody treasure trove that is mate! Nice one...

8. Did indeed. Some very creative stuff on there

9. Especially the WGRYWH one

Thought of you when I saw that.....

10. lol, can imagine why...I have to say, I saw that and thought it looked pretty good, but my god there are some awesome ones there...someone's thinking my folders are gonna get a little bit bigger now...