1. This was posted on u2achtung.com on August 19; would anyone be kind enough to translate the first part?

"Willie Williams, à l'occasion d'un échange avec un de nos contacts sur le design de la scène de la future tournée de U2, a indiqué qu'il travaillait depuis 2 ans sur les projets de la prochaine scène.

"I think you will be quite pleased when you see what we are planning for the next tour. We have been working on the idea for two years already". "

http://www.u2achtung.com/01/news/#2740.
  2. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:This was posted on u2achtung.com on August 19; would anyone be kind enough to translate the first part?

"Willie Williams, à l'occasion d'un échange avec un de nos contacts sur le design de la scène de la future tournée de U2, a indiqué qu'il travaillait depuis 2 ans sur les projets de la prochaine scène.

"I think you will be quite pleased when you see what we are planning for the next tour. We have been working on the idea for two years already". "

Something saying that Willie Williams is one of the guys responsible for the design of U2-concerts. My French sucks though...
  3. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Something saying that Willie Williams is one of the guys responsible for the design of U2-concerts. My French sucks though...

Ah, nothing very important then, I take it. No real news. I'll trust your French-speaking abilities over mine, which are non-existent.
  4. We have been working on the idea for two years already

Excite us!
  5. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:This was posted on u2achtung.com on August 19; would anyone be kind enough to translate the first part?

awesome!
  6. Zoo Tv-style all the way!
  7. Originally posted by thefly07:I'm having a hard time with this one....we're not going to get any of those again...the new album will of course bring with it its own demands for how the songs need to be presented. It sounds to me like they will definitely go into stadiums, i'm guessing arenas in the states, I have a feeling they will be big shows...i can't wait to find out....we will all be surprised though by whatever they come up with. [...]

I have to agree with you mate.
    This one is the first poll I think I won't answer Actually I expect the four things together. That's impossible you may say. But really it isn't, with U2 at least. I expect an album which is surely a new Achtung Baby, but with the atmosphere grown through ATYCLB and HTDAAB. So we'll have an innovating (Zoo TV) introspective (Elevation) worldwide, in any sense (Vertigo) tour. Moreover it will have something beyond any limit, some excesses like PopMart, even if they will no longer be "adolescential" like PopMart.
    In other words I expect a tour never done before, though a powerful mix of what we had in the last 15 years.
    Apart from my opinion, I think we should hope something like this. It would be explosive!
  8. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:This was posted on u2achtung.com on August 19; would anyone be kind enough to translate the first part?

Willie Williams One of the best and most important members of the entire U2-team apart from the band and Paul McGuiness.
  9. Originally posted by sadb7788:[..]

I have to agree with you mate.
    This one is the first poll I think I won't answer Actually I expect the four things together. That's impossible you may say. But really it isn't, with U2 at least. I expect an album which is surely a new Achtung Baby, but with the atmosphere grown through ATYCLB and HTDAAB. So we'll have an innovating (Zoo TV) introspective (Elevation) worldwide, in any sense (Vertigo) tour. Moreover it will have something beyond any limit, some excesses like PopMart, even if they will no longer be "adolescential" like PopMart.
    In other words I expect a tour never done before, though a powerful mix of what we had in the last 15 years.
    Apart from my opinion, I think we should hope something like this. It would be explosive!

nicely said....I think with whatever U2 does, it is in some way, everything they've done rolled into a new ball, yet it is still new, but you can sense the history...you said it nicely about the tour, sounds good to me
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Willie Williams One of the best and most important members of the entire U2-team apart from the band and Paul McGuiness.

Hopefully he'll do a tour diary again.
  11. Originally posted by thefly07:I think with whatever U2 does, it is in some way, everything they've done rolled into a new ball, yet it is still new, but you can sense the history

Actually you said it better than me
  12. A stage same the Elevation tour, closer to the audience, like the US gig on the last tour,
    can see the band at 20 meters, it's magic, really amazing,
    I attented the two sort of concert, indoor and outdoor, indoor was the best for me!!