1. Saw them 5 times during 360° and then 2 times on their Fallen Empires tour. Last Sunday was my 8th time I saw them play live
  2. Last sunday was the first time i saw them as main act. Very good show
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:I've seen Snow Patrol supporting U2 twice on the 360 tour have to say didn't do much for me the singer seemed to be out of tune on a few songs both times, not saying they haven't some great songs but live they weren't great

Well it was my first time seeing them live. I mainly went because I miss the tour and friends wanted to go. I liked SP before but tbh I didn't expect much of the live show. But I was pleasantly surprised. I expected the performance to be much more "boring". There was actually a lot of energy and esp. Gary seemed very very happy to be on stage. Like a kid with a huge icecream.
  4. Originally posted by blueskies:[..]

Well it was my first time seeing them live. I mainly went because I miss the tour and friends wanted to go. I liked SP before but tbh I didn't expect much of the live show. But I was pleasantly surprised. I expected the performance to be much more "boring". There was actually a lot of energy and esp. Gary seemed very very happy to be on stage. Like a kid with a huge icecream.
    Gary is one of the "happiest performers" I've ever seen. He just feels totally blessed and thankful for the chance of being in front of an audience playing his songs. There's an impressive Run performance at the Oxegen (I think) festival with a super audience singalong, where he says "As a young kid "playing" along to AC/DC songs with a tennis racket, this is the kind of moment that I always dreamt of!"., Lovely.
  5. Originally posted by blueskies:[..]

Good studio band but live they just don't do it for me.
  6. Originally posted by blueskies:[..]

This could have been me writing. I was suprised as wel and i listened a lot to them this week.
  7. Seen snow patrol at the hydro last night and I was quite impressed. Good mix of songs, they played 5 from the new album which I would say are easily the 5 best songs on the album and fit in well with there big hits. Really enjoyed it.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:Seen snow patrol at the hydro last night and I was quite impressed. Good mix of songs, they played 5 from the new album which I would say are easily the 5 best songs on the album and fit in well with there big hits. Really enjoyed it.
    Nice Which songs from Wilderness? (can't check setlist at the moment)
  9. It was the expected ones I would say
    Life On Earth, Heal Me, Empress, Don’t Give In and What if this all the love you ever get. Tbh a few of they songs we had heard before the album came out and I had quite big expectations but was let down a little by the rest of the album but I really like they 5 songs, very good live. The intensity of Life on Earth was as I’d hoped and Gary Lightbody talking before about how much the song meant to him and that it was the reason they carried on was a really nice touch, 5 years it took them to write the song.
  10. Wow, Take Back the City, Chocolate and Crack the Shutters to open. Cracker! Great setlist imo. Thanks!

I'm still undecided about asking the missus go and see Snow Patrol (she doesn't like them much, worsened by the fact that my ex did!) on St Valentine's night But I would hate big time missing them in Madrid. Aaaahhhhhhh