1. yes yes yes they are playing Belfast. Fantastic
  2. might look into that presale. By the sounds of it this is no standard Snow Patrol gig. Ill have to pick up some early stuff.

edit - £50 a ticket seems a bit excessive. Very nearly more than any of my U2 tickets for this year. Hmm
  3. Snow Patrol will be the openers when I catch 360 in Toronto but I'm really disappointed that it's not the Black Eyed Peas.
  4. They did a great job filling in as makeshift head-liners at V at the weekend when Oasis pulled out - listened/watched their covers of Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and both were great. I was joking with a mate than Oasis could have just swapped Liam for Gary Lightbody and they'd have been fine to play that said, assuming Noel wasn't feeling the jeebies he could have just played the gig himself as lead vox, he's a better vocalist than Liam anyway...

Not the place to talk about Oasis, granted, but anyway! Listening to the SP support boots that yeah posted (thanks again, by the by, if you're reading this yeah) has moved SP back up in my estimations. I never didn't like them, but I lost interest for a bit. Wonder if they're playing anywhere in the near future that I can get to?
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy:They did a great job filling in as makeshift head-liners at V at the weekend when Oasis pulled out - listened/watched their covers of Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and both were great. I was joking with a mate than Oasis could have just swapped Liam for Gary Lightbody and they'd have been fine to play that said, assuming Noel wasn't feeling the jeebies he could have just played the gig himself as lead vox, he's a better vocalist than Liam anyway...

Not the place to talk about Oasis, granted, but anyway! Listening to the SP support boots that yeah posted (thanks again, by the by, if you're reading this yeah) has moved SP back up in my estimations. I never didn't like them, but I lost interest for a bit. Wonder if they're playing anywhere in the near future that I can get to?

they just announced Uk dates for nov/dec. Check their site

6. Hmm, the only one I could feasibly make would be the Royal Albert and that would be pushing it tight during the middle of first semester. I might have to wait and see if anything else comes up next year. Damn them for not supporting at Wembley or Sheff.
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy:They did a great job filling in as makeshift head-liners at V at the weekend when Oasis pulled out - listened/watched their covers of Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova and both were great. I was joking with a mate than Oasis could have just swapped Liam for Gary Lightbody and they'd have been fine to play that said, assuming Noel wasn't feeling the jeebies he could have just played the gig himself as lead vox, he's a better vocalist than Liam anyway...

Yep, those covers sound quite nice, given the short time they probably had to rehearse. But the whole performance of the 23rd is stunning. Great, highly energetic, performances, Gary in really great mood and an amazing crowd make you forget that this is a festival - and that most people came for Oasis.

I hope that a lossless source pops up. All I have is the webcast for now.

Nme "review"

Snow Patrol and Keane cover Oasis as Gallaghers miss V Festival

Chelmsford's makeshift headliners happy to fill in 'for best crowd ever'

Snow Patrol covered Oasis on the final night (August 23) of V Festival 2009 at Chelmsford, after they had to fill in as headliners for the illness-stricken band.

Gary Lightbody's men topped the bill after Liam Gallagher caught viral laryngitis.
    To make-up for their absence, the group covered 'Wonderwall' and 'Champagne Supernova' acoustically during their encore, with frontman Lightbody declaring: "The mighty Oasis should be here tonight!" and telling the crowd not to boo them

Earlier, Snow Patrol had discovered that despite jeers greeting news of Oasis' cancellation earlier in the day, they were warmly received as headliners by the V Stage crowd.

"Already you're one of the best crowds we've ever played to," Lightbody declared after just two songs. "It's a dark, dark time but we'll try to shed some light on it."

The band then dedicated 'Run' to Elbow, who had played just ahead of Snow Patrol. Lightbody declared them "a national treasure".

Enjoying loud crowd sing-a-longs throughout their set, 'Shut Your Eyes' saw the band played the halves of the V Stage arena off against the other with a series of shout outs.

Following the Oasis covers, Snow Patrol completed their encore with their own 'Tiny Little Fractures' and 'You're All I Have'.

Snow Patrol played:

'If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It'
    'You Could Be Happy'
    'Hands Open'
    'Spitting Games'
    'How To Be Dead'
    'Somewhere There's A Clock Ticking'
    'Set The Fire To The Third Bar'
    'Make These Go On Forever'
    'Run'
    'Shut Your Eyes'
    'Chasing Cars'
    'It's Beginning To Get To Me'
    'Take Back The City'
    'Open Your Eyes'
    'Wonderwall'
    'Champagne Supernova'
    'Tiny Little Fractures'
    'You're All I Have'
  8. I made wallpaper out of picture I took at first Zagreb show.

It's widescreen, 16 : 9 sized.

Invalid url 'http://[IMG]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9162/wallpapersp.th.jpg[/IMG]'

After the site opens you must click one more time on image to get it in full-size.

Hope you'll like it
  9. not to spoil the fun but am i the only one to hate these guys so much that it took me from attending the second amsterdam show? i'm still really really pissed off i had to see these guys again after i had to see them during the vertigo tour. don't get me wrong, it's my problem when i consider an opening act crap, but why everytime the same crap? i'm freaking jealous at those who got the kaiser chiefs who are incredible imo (and at least funny).

edit damn i'm drunk as a fddler, nevermind the philippic. *sleep*
  10. Originally posted by noiseless:not to spoil the fun but am i the only one to hate these guys so much that it took me from attending the second amsterdam show? i'm still really really pissed off i had to see these guys again after i had to see them during the vertigo tour. don't get me wrong, it's my problem when i consider an opening act crap, but why everytime the same crap? i'm freaking jealous at those who got the kaiser chiefs who are incredible imo (and at least funny).

edit damn i'm drunk as a fddler, nevermind the philippic. *sleep*

It's a thing called taste. I was glad to see this amazing band 5 times opening for U2. At some places they even stole the show from the main act for me.
    If you didn't like them - bad luck mate. Much more time to get a beer for you before Bowie came on, I guess.

Fingers crossed that you'll get the Fatima Mansions next time again.

Oh and the booze was my friend tonight, too.
  11. Just Say Yes sounds pretty good

Question about this 'Reworked' tour. I want to go to a Snow Patrol gig but what exactly is this tour? A normal Snow Patrol gig? Would a (not so massive) SP fan like myself be able to enjoy it?