1. Berlin was really good. Great live band, pretty cool location.

I fucked up the recording by pressing the wrong button on the A3 (there are exactly 2) :-D
  2. Darn that beer....
  3. Originally posted by yeah:Berlin was really good. Great live band, pretty cool location.

I fucked up the recording by pressing the wrong button on the A3 (there are exactly 2) :-D

That's frankly awesome.
  4. Gonna see them tomorrow for the 5th time since opening for U2 in 2005 in Brussels, hope to enjoy as much as Kirsten... I just hope it won't just be rehearsal gigs for their ahoy shows...
  5. Originally posted by JRlovesU2:Snow Patrol did a showcase in Amsterdam last november. Took some really nice pictures, don't think I posted any here. I put them in a Facebook photo-album, which can be found HERE.

What kind of camera are you using there, and what particular settings?

I've been trying to take such quality pictures for a long time now.
  6. Sadly, most point&shoot cameras don't allow manual shutter settings.

(shall we move onto the Photography Topic?)
  7. Berlin recording from Dime

2012-02-25

Setlist:
    01. Berlin (Remix)
    02. I'll Never Let Go
    03. Take Back The City
    04. Hands Open
    05. This Isn't Everything You Are
    06. Run
    07. Crack The Shutters
    08. In The End
    09. Set The Fire To The Third Bar
    10. New York
    11. Shut Your Eyes
    12. Chasing Cars
    13. Chocolate
    14. Called Out In The Dark
    15. Fallen Empires
    16. You're All I Have
    ---
    17. Lifening
    18. Open Your Eyes
    19. Just Say Yes

Lineage:
    SP-CMC-9 > SP-SPSB-11 > LS-5 > Audacity > WAV > FLAC

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/2aVoAhdSmx0oPKZfehMWtg

Great band, great gig, great night.

A spot on review stolen from the third bar:

Oh god and what a welcome they got from us in Berlin! The Tempodrom was heaving when the intro started! We were in for an amazing night! I'll never let go really is one good opener and even though Gary again seemed to have learned different lyrics than we had - everyone was just estatic and into it and basically mesmerised by his stage presence. Oh and Gary was wearing a different leather jacket but why he has to wear a leather jacket at all with all those lights is just beyond me esp. as it was boiling hot already in the venue before he even got on stage! Oh might add there was no snowflake screen .. but personally I didnt miss it that much ..it kinda scares me! haha! And having not so much extra stuff going on on stage actually makes the gig more personal and makes you focus on the real reason why you are there - the music!!

Song no. 2 started and if you have followed the thread you know that we had planned a red balloon attack during TBTC! And I have to say wow to everyone who managed to blow them up so fast as I just struggled to tie mine up and was probably the last one to throw mine in the air! it was beautiful and it fitted so well to the show on the screen as there were thousand little red dotes flying around! I could say I had remembered about them and thats why I had suggested TBTC for the balloons but that would be a lie really! Haha! Aw beautiful! The guys were quite surprised by it and Gary even threw one back to the audience! Unfortunately he didn't say anything about them before they started hands open but I am sure they really liked it, so thumbs up!

I love love love Hands open and that song never fails to get really everyone going like crazy! What an energy! I already basically lost my voice during that song!

And then it was time for This isn't everything you are and Gary started his Nathan banter and I was waiting for Gary dedicating the song once again to him, but apparently Gary almost tripped over into Nathan and the latter apparently saved the moment with a rather spectacular move during Hands open... I didnt see it but Gary closed his remark with pointing out that he didn't know that Nathan is so bendy and that he will encounter that more later in the tour bus! TIEYA was rather beautiful and so far the best performance I've seen of it ... The audience was amazing and didn't need any animation from Gary to sing along at the end! Truly magical!

It was time for RUN and if Gary was already stunned by the vocal response Berlin gave to TIEYA so he surely couldn't believe himself now when everyone was singing along and leaving him grinning like mad...! And ever since Newcastle I can't help myself but every time he starts his guitar solo I am waiting for a cape to suddenly appear out of his leather jacket to make his omly moment to shine as a guitarist even more memorable and epic! LOL aahh my colourful imagination sometimes goes AWOL )) After the song he mentioned that he saw two girls singing along to the song so dearly.... According to Gary they looked like Angels!

I am not sure but I think it was stephanie who had the sign up "your famous hug" please.. Gary had spotted it and didn't hesitate to do so and quickly got down to give it to her (never got one ... Never asked... Are they really this good?.. you made me wonder) and he then added that we just have to hold up a sign ....and he does it (we know that from experience the last cpl of days ..haha) ...and added that he would even take is shirt off if asked but then quickly added "please don't make me do it"!

I honestly don't like Crack the Shutters but since it's the guys love song (ok now the song Its guys love from Zach Braff from the scrubs musical episode springs into my mind haha) I was hoping again for Pablo to get some loving and it looked promising because Nathan went into hiding ...haha and suddenly Gary was slowly walking towards Pablo but dismissed him shortly before he got to him! Such a cute moment!

In the end ... This song live just blows me away ... so different from the album version! So much more energy! Bethny had her sign up "best birthday ever" and Gary got in front of her to sing for her... We were all cheering her on! Happy Birthday again, hon!!

Not sure of this but I think New York followed and yes it does sounds great live esp. with Shauna in he background. As soon as he said that they are going to play New York now I could hear some people going AAAAAHH .. I am sure that some of them were TTBers!

And now Chasing Cars and whoever did it made me proud (okay first I thought how unoriginal to copy us ... Sorry ...I changed my mind quickly though ... don't worry..), but we got the reworked Oh oh Ohs again as some girls had Oh oh oh signs held up! I didn't even see them (only later on screen) and because I saw Gary giving a sign to Nathan I suddenly realised that they start singing the Ohs ... OMG! So well done! I see this is becoming a thing at gigs now! Hah!

Oh another London highlight that is becoming a thing now at gigs seems to be the Wolf hat! Someone threw one on stage ... And Gary once again placed it over his guitar holder before he started performing set the fire to the third bar with Shauna! Haha after the song he added that he is wearing this stupid leather jacket and that he is like 180 degrees underneath it and that he had shyly asked Shauna after the song if she really wants to hug him. He felt quite uncomfortable to hug a beautiful girl as sweaty as he was and boy was he sweating!! His pants were completely wet ... .. no let me start over here ...his pants were completely soaked! But he kept the jacket on as if his life depends on it! it was unbelievably hot ....

Shut your eyes proofed again what a wonderful audience Berlin has been! Having seen Gary attempting this decreasing the volume of the Shut your eyes chorus now so many times he never got this close to quieten down the audience at the beginning as he did in Berlin! He had he same thought as he said that this never really works and that there is always someone who ruins it and it esp. never works in Ireland as the Irish never seem to shout up and he knows that because he is Irish. But there was one girl who had let out a rather distressing loud scream and Gary asked her if she was okay or if she just wanted to have attention.

And then Chocolate .. Again with only Run the only song from Final Straw! Hmm... ! I love this song though ... ! ...you are the only thing that I love scares me more every day on my knees.... Badaddaaaadadaa

Called out in the Dark! I kinda wish Gary wouldn't have to play the guitar during that song but rather jump around and yeah well show us the famous Dance moves!

It was followed by Fallen Empires and man ... Epic! Once again! At some point Gary seized the opportunity to shake the sweat out of his hair!

You are all I have ....how sad that song makes me!It always means the gig is coming to an end! But we gave everything once again ...making this go on forever LITERALLY!

After the show Pablo threw me once again his plectrum ...hihi! I start having a collection here! Yeah!

Berlin wanted more ...but they let us wait! Finally Gary got on stage with his little tea mug and started to tell us that during the gig he was looking at the crowd and everyone seemed so happy but there was one guy looking rather glum and he predicted the guy probably had been dragged to the gig by the lovely girlfriend of his in front of him ..like oh god I have so see bloody Snow Patrol tonight .. and Gary advised him to let the love in...that earned a few aaaahs from the audience. Lifening started and something really beautiful happened ... When the song finished a few people on the left side continued to sing he chorus and suddenly everyone was singing along again .... Gary was seemingly chuffed by this response and at some point even turned his back on us! Goosebumps!!

Open you eyes to follow .... It just fits so much better into the encore ... and I so didn't want them to leave the stage...when Gary goes ... All I want .. All I want from you is right in front of me...I got quite emotional! How silly with knowing there is another gig to go to the next day!

But the last song had to come Just say yes... And hell yeah did I JUMPED...!!! The best moment was when Pablo got some loving! Sorry for going on about it, but it feels like a mission accomplished every time Gary touches him!

Oh I mentioned the wolfs hats before ... Some people must have bought 1000.... During the encore they kept throwing not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 on stage and Gary in the end picked them all up and said ... That this seems to become a thing and that the last time he made the mistake to throw it back but this time he will keep them all!! He also said that he now has his very own wolf pack! lol

All in all WHAT A GIG!!! I am so happy that I made the effort ... as it was truly amazing and especially to share it with so many of you!!! It was good to see yous all!!! I know I am going to see some of you later today! But hey

After the show we waiting with what felt like a thousand people for the guys outside and bless Gary for being so patient .. I was watching from afar and talked a big to Tom and Jonny, who is fine again ... He got some injections for his back and he is fully operational again!
  8. Sounds a very decent recording. Thanks for posting.

--edit-- It's excellent.
  9. Saw them yesterday in Antwerp. What an amazing gig.
  10. thanks for the bootleg Yeah impatiently downloading!

*i know this is a major spoiler alert since I'm seeing them in May but who cares
  11. Nice recording Yeah. Saw them last night in Rotterdam, they played almost the same setlist. Great show, Gary's voice in good shape as always. They've grown since their last show I saw, in the HMH two years ago.

A bunch of U2 fans stood at the front, with a sign saying: 'U2 fans love Snow Patrol'. Gary gave it some attention and instantly told a story about one of their Amsterdam Arena gigs with U2 in 2009, when he watched U2 playing besides Andrea Corr. He slipped and threw his beer in Andrea's face. The whole audience was laughing.