1. I seriously doubt...they have become too successful.
  2. Seriously doubt it, but hey, I'm always happy to hold my hands up if I'm proved wrong. I have no particular expectations for this new album (i.e. I'd given up listening to whatever Bono says ), I'd just like an album to be released that provides the silver lining in a fairly big cloud that is the modern music industry...
  3. LOL!!... They were MUCH MORE succesful on 1987/88/89 (in relative terms, of course, about that time they were The Band, the One and Only band... Nowadays they sell a lot of CDs etc. but they'rer not The Band anymore), BUT they surprised us with Achtung Baby, didnt they? I still can believe in them. Of course.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]LOL!!... They were MUCH MORE succesful on 1987/88/89 (in relative terms, of course, about that time they were The Band, the One and Only band... Nowadays they sell a lot of CDs etc. but they'rer not The Band anymore), BUT they surprised us with Achtung Baby, didnt they? I still can believe in them. Of course.

I get your point...I think it is more that they are older, and they have played relatively safe since pop...I really don't see another Acthung Baby coming, I will love if they proof me wrong.
  5. well i voted seriously doubt. I mean Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree are just stellar albums and it would be difficult to top them I also love ATYCLB. So, we will have to see...
  6. Not at all, U2's glory periods are over. They reached their peak with the Popmart tour. Basing my opinion on any Post 2000 release, they have found the band/music/marketing concept that suits them and keep with that solid style. I don't see them looking out for another reinvention.
  7. I seriously doubt. There's still a ray of hope though. They're due for the "next phase" though based on previous eras and timeframes.
  8. Originally posted by yeah:Not at all, U2's glory periods are over. They reached their peak with the Popmart tour. Basing my opinion on any Post 2000 release, they have found the band/music/marketing concept that suits them and keep with that solid style. I don't see them looking out for another reinvention.

If nothing changes this time then I will agree with you. If there is a re-invention......

who knows.....

9. If nothing changes this time im gonna have to find me a new band for the next few years. .