1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The last You Too:
    Is U2's best work still to come? (started on 2008-09-14)

Maybe, I still believe in U2 that they can surprise us - 59.1%
    Absolutely, the next album will be their best - 17.7%
    I seriously doubt they can top JT/AB/another album - 17.7%
    Maybe only with live shows, but with albums it won't be better - 3%
    Not at all, U2's glory periods are over, it's all mainstream now - 2.5%

Votes: 237

The question of this new You Too is:

What's your favorite version of Running To Stand Still?

- The Joshua Tree tour (piano, extended outro)
    - ZooTV (guitar, hallelujah outro)
    - Vertigo tour (piano, mixed outro)

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.

Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. Ehmm...Joshua, or actually, it's more Lovetown with a Joshua-jacket...(1990-01-06)
  3. I chose Vertigo. I love all versions, but lately I've been getting into the Vertigo tour.
  4. I love listening to the JT version. (From the tour) It just captures that feeling from the album version, the feeling that song was supposed to give. I didn't like the Zoo one as much because it was guitar instead of piano. The vertigo one was sort of going back to the JT version, but Bono's voice wasn't as strong and he played the Gretsch during it. The JT version is gold IMO. Did they ever play it on the Elevation tour?
  5. Zoo TV. The Hallelujah's are great.
  6. I voted for JT 'cause those versions sound classical
  7. Lovetown because of the now and then lengthy snippets but the simple brilliance of Brussels 87 takes top spot for me
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I love listening to the JT version. (From the tour) It just captures that feeling from the album version, the feeling that song was supposed to give. I didn't like the Zoo one as much because it was guitar instead of piano. The vertigo one was sort of going back to the JT version, but Bono's voice wasn't as strong and he played the Gretsch during it. The JT version is gold IMO. Did they ever play it on the Elevation tour?

No, it wasn't...: http://www.u2gigs.com/Running_To_Stand_Still-s69.html
  9. ZooTV just pips JT/Lovetown for me - love the guitar and the lead in to Streets.

Vertigo was horrible in most cases, the extra guitar (Bono?) was dreadful.
  10. Zoo Tv, still rock, good color for that song!
  11. is there really a debate about it? Zoo TV all the way, they absolutely kill it every time on that tour. The other versions are wonderful, very intimate (JT, Lovetown), however Vertigo's version is good, but I feel like it never really got off the ground; Miss Sarajevo was a much better song in its place
  12. voted for zoo tv. damn emotional with the hallelujah part can't say I like watching bono's performance, because it always reminds me of the person the song's attached to in my mind ... but apart from that, it's the best version ever imo.