1. Strongly disagree with you there matey. It's epic and it's just bloody brilliant. One of the best segues they've ever done and one of the most powerful moments of Sydney DVD.
  2. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

Strongly disagree with you there matey. It's epic and it's just bloody brilliant. One of the best segues they've ever done and one of the most powerful moments of Sydney DVD.

I never said it was no good, just a tad overdone.

3. Fair enough. To me it was just a great reworking. No keyboard, just Edge at his finest. In terms of reworking of tracks live, it's up there with SBS (Popmart) and The Fly (Elevation).

4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

Fair enough. To me it was just a great reworking. No keyboard, just Edge at his finest. In terms of reworking of tracks live, it's up there with SBS (Popmart) and The Fly (Elevation).

A great re-work but I didnt think it was needed. All opinion but ive just never clicked with it. Hard to pinpoint why exactly but it rarely catches my attention.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:A great re-work but I didnt think it was needed. All opinion but ive just never clicked with it. Hard to pinpoint why exactly but it rarely catches my attention.
    Well, part of the greatness of the Zoo-Runnings is the CHANGE itself. The Fly on the Elevation Tour wasn't that great as a song, but everyone liked it. Why? Because it was reworked,changed. The simple idea of the change makes it appeal and look fine

Nevertheless, I strongly like the Zoo-Runnings, and I love the Running-Streets link (even tho it always sounds a bit heavy and somewhat muffled... I would have removed the helicopter and some of that annoying noise... Although it's great ).
  6. ZooTv wins

7. They suck! Would've been some great versions without the religious crap though... pretty much like "Walk on".

Even though Lovetown's an extension of the Joshua tree tour you should've included that alternative.

8. Since when was hallelujah exclusively used in a religious context?

I always interpreted it as being used as part of the idea of the song, what with RTSS and Bad being songs about drug abuse. Bono jabs himself with his imaginary needle, and then starts saying hallelujah to represent the ecstatic response that comes from the injection. Personally, I never considered it as being religious, and even then, you can't take the religious element out of much of U2's music lol - we wouldn't have great songs like ISHFWILF and UTEOTW if the band had no religious tendencies.

As was Vertigo, although I think most (though definitely not all) people agree LT was better for that format...
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    Since when was hallelujah exclusively used in a religious context?

I always interpreted it as being used as part of the idea of the song, what with RTSS and Bad being songs about drug abuse. Bono jabs himself with his imaginary needle, and then starts saying hallelujah to represent the ecstatic response that comes from the injection. Personally, I never considered it as being religious, and even then, you can't take the religious element out of much of U2's music lol - we wouldn't have great songs like ISHFWILF and UTEOTW if the band had no religious tendencies.
    [..]
    As was Vertigo, although I think most (though definitely not all) people agree LT was better for that format...

Since about two thousand years ago...

10. *cough* Old Testament *cough cough*

But yeah, I mean I don't know whether it's just a British/American etc. thing to sometimes say "hallelujah!" as a way of showing relief or exasperation etc., but in such a context I've not had any religious thoughts on the mind at the time lol (i.e. one doesn't have to be religious to say legitimise the use of the word hallelujah), and I doubt (but don't rule out) the possibility that heroine addicts think the same thing BUT this is a conversation for another time and a place...

For the record, I voted ZooTV
  11. Thanks for the discussion guys, final results are in, ZooTV tops the list

What's your favorite version of Running To Stand Still? (started on 2008-09-21)

ZooTV (guitar, hallelujah outro) - 54.3%
    The Joshua Tree tour (piano, extended outro) - 28.3%
    Vertigo tour (piano, mixed outro) - 17.3%

Votes: 254

12. true but Lovetown was acoustical rhythm playing where as Vertigo had an electrical guitar hitting out of tune random notes with very different results