1. gonna have to check that show out
  2. Why did Bono and Edge switch guitar parts at the beginning of Walk On?
    On the Boston DVD Bono is playing the high notes and on the Slane DVD, Edge is playing it.
  3. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Why did Bono and Edge switch guitar parts at the beginning of Walk On?
    On the Boston DVD Bono is playing the high notes and on the Slane DVD, Edge is playing it.
    I think it’s so Edge can play the little picked bits on the chorus which Bono doesn’t do in Boston, listen to the first ‘walk On’ during the chorus on both, you’ll hear what I’m talking about. I’m guessing Bono couldn’t play that bit and sing at same time.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think it’s so Edge can play the little picked bits on the chorus which Bono doesn’t do in Boston, listen to the first ‘walk On’ during the chorus on both, you’ll hear what I’m talking about. I’m guessing Bono couldn’t play that bit and sing at same time.
    Yeah, but Bono plays it while singing the "home" part.
  5. Good point, maybe Edge just thought it would be better to take over the lead part for that song . I do think Slane version sounds better and probably allows Bono to get into it more instead of concentrating on a guitar part. Good spot.
  6. I thought you were guykirk
  7. I realise what you mean now, I’m using the same avatar aren’t I?