1. Shout-out to 5/15/2001. One of the best ALD recordings out there. Just listened to this again, I've had it for years and learned several songs on bass and guitar from this recording. And one of the best false starts of any U2 show with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. Edge's guitar was tuned too high and they had to restart the song. Great recording 🤘
  2. The post 9/11 shows were the most intensely emotional U2 gigs (or any gigs) I've ever been too. The spring shows were great fun (I even have a cameo in the Boston DVD, haha), but the fall shows were on another level.
  3. Originally posted by dstankie:The post 9/11 shows were the most intensely emotional U2 gigs (or any gigs) I've ever been too. The spring shows were great fun (I even have a cameo in the Boston DVD, haha), but the fall shows were on another level.
    You're right. The differences of the two legs were profound. The shows were otherworldly for vastly different reasons. Met the band before a spring United Center show in Chicago. That run of shows in Chicago were amazing.
  4. They definitely were.. the emotions everyone was feeling then were incredible, and between Notre Dame and the Super Bowl the band was helping to heal a traumatized nation. Those NYC shows were on another level.
  5. Like many, I would love to see a third officially released show from this era - preferably a post 911 one.
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:Like many, I would love to see a third officially released show from this era - preferably a post 911 one.
    As good as
  7. hard to believe this is 22 years ago now
  8. I think I have watched every single video of Streets from 2001. They are all spectacular.