1. ANY song is better than Elvis... ¬¬
  2. Viva Davidoff

Alex
  3. that's a pity, it's one of my favourite U2 song, but I had imagined...

4. I think Elvis Presley And America fits perfectly on The Unforgettable Fire. It is a good show of U2 utilizing Eno's studio skills.

Some of you don't like it. That is your right. I respect that.

As for Three Sunrises or Love Comes Tumbling... also great songs but they were not included as the band didn't feel that they fit the tone of the album.

The good news is, Three Sunrises or Love Comes Tumbling have been made available to us even though they are not on the album. And they will be included plus probably a few other nuggets when the reissue of The Unforgettable Fire eventually surfaces.

So there's no need to feel upset that "Elvis..." made U2's version of the album. You can simply burn your own version.
  5. The version of The Unforgettable Fire that I burned for myself has the album, Wide Awake In America, single version of Pride (longer version) as well as some of the B-Sides (Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, full version of Bass Trap, Boomerang II)
  6. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:[..]

I think Elvis Presley And America fits perfectly on The Unforgettable Fire. It is a good show of U2 utilizing Eno's studio skills.

Some of you don't like it. That is your right. I respect that.

As for Three Sunrises or Love Comes Tumbling... also great songs but they were not included as the band didn't feel that they fit the tone of the album.

The good news is, Three Sunrises or Love Comes Tumbling have been made available to us even though they are not on the album. And they will be included plus probably a few other nuggets when the reissue of The Unforgettable Fire eventually surfaces.

So there's no need to feel upset that "Elvis..." made U2's version of the album. You can simply burn your own version.

Love Comes Tumbling is a very good song. Listen to it twice a week, I think.
  7. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:The version of The Unforgettable Fire that I burned for myself has the album, Wide Awake In America, single version of Pride (longer version) as well as some of the B-Sides (Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, full version of Bass Trap, Boomerang II)

I don't want to predict the future, but it sounds to me like you've basically burnt the remastered edition of The Unforgettable Fire...
  8. Originally posted by easports43:I don't want to predict the future, but it sounds to me like you've basically burnt the remastered edition of The Unforgettable Fire...
    Hhahahaha good one Nate In fact it sounds like a (great) Special Edition of TUF