1. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Anyone know why a couple of the first Zoo TV shows ended after With Or Without You and why they didn't play Love Is Blindness?? Just experimenting as it was the start of the tour, or something else??
    Good point I’d never noticed before because it wasn’t at any of the talked about shows. Its got to be either the band thinking WOWY was maybe a better way to finish or perhaps they were running quite late and just thought it was time to wrap things up. Either way i’d be gutted if i’d only attended 1 zoo tv show and they hadn’t played Love Is Blindness.
  2. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Anyone know why a couple of the first Zoo TV shows ended after With Or Without You and why they didn't play Love Is Blindness?? Just experimenting as it was the start of the tour, or something else??

From Pimm Jal de la Parra's book:

Hartford, CT
    Bono's voice is acting up, leaving him unable to sing the higher notes in many songs. After a troublesome WOWY, he apologizes. Frustrated at being unable to sing properly, he kicks over the microphone stand as he strolls off stage and omits the last song

No idea what happened in Hampton.

In many shows in the last week of Leg 1, the encore was cut short, with UV being sacrificed often. Bono had the flu or something like that in that last week.

Man, and we complain nowadays because they don't play 2 more songs after 13.
  3. Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my first U2 show. It's been quite a trip. Anyone have any opinions on the March 24 92 Toronto show?
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my first U2 show. It's been quite a trip. Anyone have any opinions on the March 24 92 Toronto show?
    I’ve not listened to that show but what a Setlist, crucially including ultraviolet as I know that wasn’t always the case. Lucky you.
  5. Originally posted by miryclay:Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my first U2 show. It's been quite a trip. Anyone have any opinions on the March 24 92 Toronto show?
    That was my first show as well. I was up in the greys (top level seats at Maple
    Leaf Gardens) and the sound was rough but it was still a religious experience.
  6. Much to my surprise, Desire and UV were cut a lot on the 2nd leg, too. I do not remember, but even at one of the shows I was at that year those two songs were omitted. Without internet, I probably didn't notice that there were songs "missing".
  7. Can almost guarantee UV was cut when the the band wanted to hit the beer (or were already feeling the effects of).
  8. The zooropa gig at Leeds 93 that I attended didn’t have with or without you. Went straight from UV to love is blindness
  9. Yeah they ommited LIB in some shows (a few early and mid 92), WOWY in a few others (only a handful in mid 93) and especially Ultraviolet (in all legs, but most notably in Outside Broadcast where it missed over half of the shows) whenever Bono didn't feel very well... or, as Gerard, suggests, whenever they wanted to hit the backstage bar asap.
  10. Originally posted by miryclay:Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my first U2 show. It's been quite a trip. Anyone have any opinions on the March 24 92 Toronto show?
    That was my first show as well. It was the most amazing show that I have ever seen. During The Fly, the Gardens felt like it was going to fall down. I wish that I had paid more attention, but there was so much to hear and see. I was also at the back of the Gardens, and it was so great. No internet, so no knowledge of the set list, and to hear all of those AB songs in a row, just blew my mind. This was not the band from my Rattle and Hum VHS, that’s for sure.
  11. That's what blows my mind the MOST about the whole Zoo era (and there's a lot of things that do, but this is above them all). 1990-01-10 Rotterdam and 1992-02-29 Lakeland were barely 2 years away, but someone who went to both shows would just NOT believe they were the same band. It's just incredible that an already successful band underwent such a heavy transformation in sound, aesthetics and attitude in such a short time.
  12. The difference is also shown in the The Fly being the the next single released after All I want is you. Incredible