1. Anyone knows where the snippet "Shine like stars" does come from?
    I heard somewhere it comes from a part of With Or Without You that was cut from the original recording, but I don't know exactly...
    I think this is one of best snippets ever!!
  2. It's by Bono himself, one time improvised and since then often included.
  3. Thanks for the info..
  4. Seems that the Shine Like Stars bit started around the 5 days that U2 were in LA during the Joshua Tree tour. Back then, and occasionally now, he will then go into Joy Divisions "Love Will Tear Us Apart".

While mostly sang as:
    We'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars over winter skies, one heart, one hope, one love... Bono does vary it some; at times including something in reference to where the show is, such as desert, instead of summer nights when in Phoenix and such or under Paris lights, if memory serves when in Paris.

The ending has also been sang as one heart, one hope, one blood and variations there of.

The "Shine Like Stars" coda, seemed to disappear around PopMart and only appeared a few times on Vertigo.

Seems this bit is certainly a fan favorite, I have even seen fans with "Shines Like Stars" signs, in efforts to get Bono to sing the bit.
  5. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Seems that the Shine Like Stars bit started around the 5 days that U2 were in LA during the Joshua Tree tour. Back then, and occasionally now, he will then go into Joy Divisions "Love Will Tear Us Apart".

While mostly sang as:
    We'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars over winter skies, one heart, one hope, one love... Bono does vary it some; at times including something in reference to where the show is, such as desert, instead of summer nights when in Phoenix and such or under Paris lights, if memory serves when in Paris.

The ending has also been sang as one heart, one hope, one blood and variations there of.

The "Shine Like Stars" coda, seemed to disappear around PopMart and only appeared a few times on Vertigo.

Seems this bit is certainly a fan favorite, I have even seen fans with "Shines Like Stars" signs, in efforts to get Bono to sing the bit.

Oh really? That's cool! It really is a fan favorite indeed, it really adds something to the song. There are a lot of variations indeed, but I love all of them. My favorite performance of With Or Without You would be:

With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)

6. Remy, has that version actually ever been played because I would love to know when so I could hear. Thanks.
  7. Originally posted by liveitup2dmxRemy, has that version actually ever been played because I would love to know when so I could hear. Thanks.

I don't think so unfortunately.
  8. By the way of snippets does enyone noticed if the snippet after Running to stand still sung in LA on 1987-11-18, has been played anytime else? It's really sweet

I haven't found it anymore, but I have not listened to ALL the Running played......so I might have missed it
  9. Originally posted by stefano1973By the way of snippets does enyone noticed if the snippet after Running to stand still sung in LA on 1987-11-18, has been played anytime else? It's really sweet

I haven't found it anymore, but I have not listened to ALL the Running played......so I might have missed it

Wow, that really is a sweet snippet I love it. Seems to be fully improvised.
  10. wow, just relistened to the running snippet, well cool.

11. I'm gonna super-bump this thread just to say that I've come across this Glasvegas song, which shares title with the famous WOWY snippet:

I don't rule our the chances that it's a tribute title (even though the song has nothing to do with WOWY), Glasvegas are said to be U2 fans so I think it's possible.
  12. Wow. That's a big bump!

Greatest... snippet... ever. Well, along side "Can You Hear Us Coming," of course