1. Originally posted by Stu:[..]

It might very well be the excuse i need to upgrade to blu-ray, haven't had need at this stage.

For those with it, is the a hell of a difference between DVD & Blu Ray? i dunno, but watching proper DVD's on the plasma, the picture is pretty amazing.

Picture quality on true film needs to be compressed and therefore decreased to fit on a DVD for home viewing. There's a substantial difference between what you see in the theater, and on DVD at home, its just tough to realize without a side-by-side comparison. The same is true for a film's sound, which is acually compressed more than the picture. Blu-Ray discs are immensely larger in terms of size & storage, so these files that derive from the source are as uncompressed as possible. It's very similar to the difference between mp3 and FLAC in a U2 bootleg- to some, the differences are minimal and it makes no difference to listen in mp3. For others, FLAC is incredibly better quality, noticeable, and the only way to listen properly.
  2. Originally posted by Stu:[..]

It might very well be the excuse i need to upgrade to blu-ray, haven't had need at this stage.

For those with it, is the a hell of a difference between DVD & Blu Ray? i dunno, but watching proper DVD's on the plasma, the picture is pretty amazing.

Then you should see Blu-Ray, its few times better than DVD. DVD definitely belongs to the past.

3. Yeah, seriously. We've started buying Blu-Ray movies and the combination of that and the plasma is fabulous.

4. plasma sucks, u should get lcd
  5. Thanks for those responces guys, might just have to invest in one very soon, hopefully Santa is a good lad and supplies me with a few gift vouchers!

Oh, and the Plasma's fine, nothing wrong with it, i bought mine about 3 years ago whe the prices were still pretty high, got the 50" as well, but was told that LCD is better for gamers whilst the plasma better for general viewing, also the Plasma was alot cheaper.

6. The boychild tells me it is a LCD (he bought it) and that I'm braindead. Probably only half of that is relevant.

7. Be interesting to see how the 3D concert works out on Blu-Ray, i watched it both at the proper IMax as well as a cinema, there was a big difference with both visual & audio, the audio really sucked in the cinema.
  8. Originally posted by Stu:Be interesting to see how the 3D concert works out on Blu-Ray, i watched it both at the proper IMax as well as a cinema, there was a big difference with both visual & audio, the audio really sucked in the cinema.

Yeah we did the same thing in Sydney; saw it at the cinema and then at the IMAX. The cinema version was pretty sad in comparison. The IMAX nearly blew my head off.
  9. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:[..]

Yeah we did the same thing in Sydney; saw it at the cinema and then at the IMAX. The cinema version was pretty sad in comparison. The IMAX nearly blew my head off.

It was amazing wasn't it, unfrotuantly it didn't play long enough at iMax, otherwise we would have gone back a few times, ours is an hour & a half drive away in Melbourne from where we are.

Was even going to book a motel room with a few mates and go back a few times when it first started, but just never happened, was going to be our continued "Adam Clayton Bender" which we did for the Vertigo concerts,

10. Hello everyone,

Is there any movement in a (audio) release of u23D?
    I really want to hear that great audio mix everyone is talking about! Does anyone know something about it? I'm waiting so desperate for it..
  11. I think the mix was also a bit overrated, think the fact that it was loud and played over decent speakers had a subconsious influence