1. Watched the documentary for this today and what struck me most is the similarity in concept between this album and Songs of Experience. Both are letters to family, friends and fans; written by someone who realises there is more life behind them than ahead of them; has felt the pain of loss and is pondering what comes next. Totally amazing that this was all recorded, produced and released this year. U2 could learn a thing or two from The Boss, like they did in the 80s.
  2. I also watched the documentary, very interesting to see.
    Basically, the concepts of SOE and LTY are similar. But at SOE I miss the feeling of a band with passion and emotion that records an album and plays with each other. And that is absolutely the case with Springsteen and the E Streetband. At least this is my personal opinion.
  3. I am floored by the new album. Gotta watch the doc but the album is great.
  4. Still can not get over how good this album is! Since its release it's been on consistently in the house and in the car. Would love to hear these songs in concert one day...
  5. I’m not even a huge Bruce fan but damn this album is good. Sounds like a band having a blast playing together in one room.
  6. I quite like the new album as well but western stars was on another level I thought. Really strong throughout and enjoyed seeing the live performance at the cinema. It’s the live album I tend to listen to mostly now.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I quite like the new album as well but western stars was on another level I thought. Really strong throughout and enjoyed seeing the live performance at the cinema. It’s the live album I tend to listen to mostly now.
    Agreed. Wasn't as strong of a fan of that album but then I watched the live performance film and it took on another level.
  8. When listening to the opening song I can’t help finishing off with “light my way” when he sings “baby, baby, baby”

Damn good song and album though.
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:When listening to the opening song I can’t help finishing off with “light my way” when he sings “baby, baby, baby”

Damn good song and album though.
    My mind always goes there too.
  10. LTY and Western Stars complement each other well. After a few listen to WS, I had something like, let The E Streetband start playing. Otherwise I fell asleep.

The LTY documentary is also great to see, the pleasure of playing together in a band radiates from it. And also nice to see how good The E Streetband still is.

I would like to suggest to the guys from U2 to invite themselves over to Springsteen on his farm studio and also play and record an album, without any demos beforehand.

And The Boss makes sure that they can then dream the songs from A-Z and Z-A.