1. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

I completely agree with you Sergio, i kinda never got this song until very recently. Then it just hit me one day....it's so powerful. Best version for me has to be from the live album 76-86.....unbelievable performance....so much passion

That's my favourite version as well. The album version already sent me shivers but that one...well I can't find words
  2. How do you guys feel about "Lonesome Day"? I'm only 18, so I didn't live through the Born in the USA hype of the later 80s, but my parents have the albums and I've watched live footage, and really acquainted myself with the older Bruce...I tried listening to his solo career, but I didn't like the lack of E Street. "Lonesome Day" is the only modern (2000-present) Springsteen song I really, truly love...it mixes some of the Seeger Session feel he experimented with, with the original 70's "Born to Run" feel of The Boss's trueness.
  3. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

I would just start with Asbury Park. One of his best. Going downwards after Born To Run, although Darkness is still a beauty. His solo albums are crap (except for Devils and Dust). Rising, Magic and WOAD are not bad but a bit mainstream

Solo albums crap????
    You mean, you call NEBRASKA crap???

aaarrggghhh!!

4. well I like Nebraska but the stuff after that... Tunnel of Love, Better Days etcetera
  5. ^ you don't like Tunnel Of Love?

6. 2 songs are good, rest is crap. I think his solo albums are a bit self-indulgent, he sadly never reached the quality of his first 4 albums..
  7. Secret Garden

what a gem of a tune

8. his best '90s song, probably.

since Bruce is so renowned for his live shows, what's everybody's ideal setlist? mine's:

1. The Promised Land
    2. For You
    3. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    4. No Surrender
    5. Thunder Road
    6. Atlantic City
    7. Downbound Train
    8. Sherry Darling
    9. Tougher Than The Rest
    10. Local Hero
    11. Queen Of The Supermarket
    12. Hungry Heart
    13. Streets Of Philadelphia
    14. The Ties That Bind
    15. I Wish I Were Blind
    16. Lost In The Flood
    17. Out In The Street
    18. Racing In The Street
    19. Backstreets
    20. The River

21. Badlands
    22. Livin' In The Future
    23. Roll Of The Dice
    24. Spirit In The Night
    25. The Rising

26. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    27. The Price You Pay
    28. I'm Goin' Down
  9. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

2 songs are good, rest is crap. I think his solo albums are a bit self-indulgent, he sadly never reached the quality of his first 4 albums..

.Tunnel of Love was Bruce's first 'grown up' album. Dealing with adult relationships because he was going through his own relationship troubles at that time. It's a fantastic album! A lot of people didn't get it at first because they were too young and couldn't relate. As they got older they 'got it' and found they loved the album.

Nebraska is a masterpiece. The only album I've enjoyed since he and the band reunited is Magic. Seeger Sessions album is pretty darn cool and the shows were amazing. Bruce was renergized and the way he reworked those old songs and some of his own was genius

10. That's a good idea.

This mine

1. Born in the U.S.A.
    2. Seeds
    3. Atlantic city
    4. Johnny 99
    5. Outlaw Pete
    6. Darkness on the edge of town
    7. Nebraska (band version)
    8. Trapped
    9. Badlands
    10. Provie it all night
    11. Because the night
    12. My city of ruins
    13. My hometown
    14. Racing in the street
    15. Cadillac ranch
    16. The promised land
    18. Tenth avenue freeze-out
    19. Backstreets
    20. Point blank

21. Tunnel of love
    22. Tougher than the rest
    23. Spare parts (long version)
    24. The river
    25. Human touch

26. The rising
    27. Born to run
    28. Ramrod
    29. Seven nights to rock
    30. Twist and shout

11. Only just found this thread -
    Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:How do you guys feel about "Lonesome Day"? I'm only 18, so I didn't live through the Born in the USA hype of the later 80s, but my parents have the albums and I've watched live footage, and really acquainted myself with the older Bruce...I tried listening to his solo career, but I didn't like the lack of E Street. "Lonesome Day" is the only modern (2000-present) Springsteen song I really, truly love...it mixes some of the Seeger Session feel he experimented with, with the original 70's "Born to Run" feel of The Boss's trueness.

The Rising is my favourite Bruce album that I've listened to so far - Lonesome Day is a great song, but for me Worlds Apart is the best from it. Love that song. I feel, with a bit more listening, Bruce will one day hit my top 5 bands. Just need to get more of his stuff.
  12. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Only just found this thread -
    [..]
    The Rising is my favourite Bruce album that I've listened to so far - Lonesome Day is a great song, but for me Worlds Apart is the best from it. Love that song. I feel, with a bit more listening, Bruce will one day hit my top 5 bands. Just need to get more of his stuff.

For The Rising itself is my favourite. Indeed The Rising is a very good album. But you surely need to listen to the old albums like Darkness On The Edgoe Of Town, Born To Run, The River and Nebraksa. My Favourite records. But his best for me is Live 1975-'85.