1. Does some have the video recordings of these 2 shows of Springsteen?

2009-11-07 - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK CITY, NY

2009-11-08 - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK CITY, NY

I have these recordings before but one or another 11-07 is lost and 11-08, only half of the show.

Some full show video recordings of Springsteen available and alle official downloads of Springsteen for trade.

Thanks.
  2. I guess all the low paid factory workers will have to go see U2 in Las Vegas instead.
  3. You think U2 will have more reasonable prices for a short run of weekend shows in a shiny, brand new arena? We can only hope.. but yeah, was disappointing seeing that response by the Dynamically-Priced Boss
  4. I’m completely for dynamic pricing as things still stand at the moment with the ability to resell. Charging anything less than the maximum of what people are willing to pay is simply putting money in the pocket of scalpers because they will just buy cheap tickets and sell them for a profit, I’d much rather Bruce Springsteen and u2 get the money than some guy who couldn’t care less about the artists or their fans and just wants to do no work and make money. The ideal scenario would be they find a way to stop scalpers but I don’t think it’s the job for the likes of Bruce and u2 to do that, Ed Sheeran has been doing his best to fight it and hopefully the younger generation in general will spark a change that some of the older bands/artists could then get on board with. But until there is big change dynamic pricing is the way to go for top artists and fans will just need to learn how to play the system to get the best value.
  5. Originally posted by Unodostres123:I’m completely for dynamic pricing as things still stand at the moment with the ability to resell. Charging anything less than the maximum of what people are willing to pay is simply putting money in the pocket of scalpers because they will just buy cheap tickets and sell them for a profit, I’d much rather Bruce Springsteen and u2 get the money than some guy who couldn’t care less about the artists or their fans and just wants to do no work and make money. The ideal scenario would be they find a way to stop scalpers but I don’t think it’s the job for the likes of Bruce and u2 to do that, Ed Sheeran has been doing his best to fight it and hopefully the younger generation in general will spark a change that some of the older bands/artists could then get on board with. But until there is big change dynamic pricing is the way to go for top artists and fans will just need to learn how to play the system to get the best value.
    What about putting all efforts in stopping scalping instead? There are ways to do it. Nominal tickets linked to personal ID and/or credit card. And if you decide you can't make it to the show, you "return" the ticket to the ticket vendor for the original price, and they put it back on sale at the same price. It's not that hard. They just don't want.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    What about putting all efforts in stopping scalping instead? There are ways to do it. Nominal tickets linked to personal ID and/or credit card. And if you decide you can't make it to the show, you "return" the ticket to the ticket vendor for the original price, and they put it back on sale at the same price. It's not that hard. They just don't want.
    As I’ve explained that’s the job of the younger generation to push through these changes and create the type of ticket platforms they would like to see. Bruce and the guys in u2 are at retirement age nearly, why should they be the ones pushing for change when they’ve already given so much to the industry and have been screwed out of money for years by these scalpers. No if I was in my 60’s and it was a choice between a long difficult campaign (which it would be, it is hard) to make it difficult or impossible for scalpers or I could just charge what people are willing to pay until something is done then I’d pick the 2nd option and let other people fight that fight. I’m sure Bono would rather put his time and effort into much more important and bigger issues than ‘fair’ ticket pricing. In terms of ideas it’s very simple, a ticket with your picture on it, easy to upload photo’s these days, in fact it could be preloaded onto whatever ticketing site you were buying from and then printed onto ticket. Quick and easy check when showing your ticket at the venue. If reselling as you say it has to be for the original price. These potential solutions are easy enough it’s forcing them through that’s the problem, 60+ year old men aren’t the guys to be doing the forcing.
  7. Tampa 2023 is up over at nugs.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I saw David Glimour in the Royal Albert Hall in 2016 and you could not get in unless the name of the ticket(s) matched your bank card..a few people got caught out and it shows it can be done.
  9. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    As I’ve explained that’s the job of the younger generation to push through these changes and create the type of ticket platforms they would like to see. Bruce and the guys in u2 are at retirement age nearly, why should they be the ones pushing for change when they’ve already given so much to the industry and have been screwed out of money for years by these scalpers. No if I was in my 60’s and it was a choice between a long difficult campaign (which it would be, it is hard) to make it difficult or impossible for scalpers or I could just charge what people are willing to pay until something is done then I’d pick the 2nd option and let other people fight that fight. I’m sure Bono would rather put his time and effort into much more important and bigger issues than ‘fair’ ticket pricing. In terms of ideas it’s very simple, a ticket with your picture on it, easy to upload photo’s these days, in fact it could be preloaded onto whatever ticketing site you were buying from and then printed onto ticket. Quick and easy check when showing your ticket at the venue. If reselling as you say it has to be for the original price. These potential solutions are easy enough it’s forcing them through that’s the problem, 60+ year old men aren’t the guys to be doing the forcing.
    It's a racket and I never understood why the big artists never went out on their own and sold tickets directly but am guessing commercial reasons dictated they couldn't.
  10. Does anyone know how big the reselling really is?
    Because I don’t think it’s a that big problem that justify dynamic pricing.

The whole problem with scalpers is that the promotor and the band agree to a ticketprice. But because there is more demand than tickets people are trying to get rich out of shortage.

So If you are willing to let your fans pay the fair price, you need to get rid of scalpers. If you don’t want to make scalpers rich you should cut them out by creating a system which deals with shortages and high demands.

But with doing so, you lose your point. Because all the acts say getting rid of scalpers is to protect the fans.

With dynamic pricing they became the very thing they swore to destroy.

Get your eyes on the price and just make reselling more difficult. Like Sergio is pointing out, link it to ID/Passport/Bank Card with pictures or something like that.

Just don’t become a monster in order to defeat a monster…