1. I don’t believe in an anniversary package of HTDAAB....it didn’t leave a “mark” in music history
    I believe that Mercy in itself beats the whole album
    I love the song,the music,the lyrics
    Top five best U2 songs of the new millennium
  2. I wouldn’t write off a HTDAAB re-release. It’s a far more popular and successful album than October and they re-released that. It also features 2 of the more famous u2 songs in vertigo and COBL. As for Mercy I think the outtake version was great but then the live version was only good. I reckon if they were to release it they would probably give us a version closer to the live one which wouldn’t do it justice so I’m quite happy with what we’ve got just now, the outtake we’ve heard is of fairly high standard anyway not like we can’t hear it clearly enough or anything.
  3. Originally posted by Fly40:I don’t believe in an anniversary package of HTDAAB....it didn’t leave a “mark” in music history
    I believe that Mercy in itself beats the whole album
    I love the song,the music,the lyrics
    Top five best U2 songs of the new millennium
    This
  4. -
  5. I like the idea of keeping it as a hidden gem, but I also think it deserves a proper spot on an album (forever waiting for SOA.) The Atomic Bomb version is astounding and I really like the live version. I just bit the bullet and shelled out more money than I should have for Wide Awake in Europe.
  6. I think it would be awesome if the band could either spruce up the version that was leaked or re-record and and release “Mercy” as a single.
  7. Not a big fan of Mercy, don’t get all the fuzz about it. Just a Nice b-side not more than that.
    Maybe for next years fanclub gift. With Book of your heart and stateless on it. Or Some other b-side/ non album track. Last 10 years hardly any b-sides. Compare that with80’s and 90’s great b-sides.
  8. To me Mercy has just always been track 13 on HTDAAB. I remember I actually heard Mercy before most of HTDAAB except Vertigo, somehow. The 2004 version is perfect to me.
  9. I like the song.
    But I think is more like a B-side.
    HTDAAB is perfect without "Mercy"
  10. Mercy is miles better than anything on HTDAAB
  11. "Mercy" should've made HTDAAB making it a better album than it already is! HTDAAB is a great record!
  12. -