1. You probably all love this song, who is in my opinion one of U2's best idden jewals.

so ... Today the habs retired Patricks Roy's number, Roy is one of hockey's greatest goalie, but while the banner was rising to the top of the Bell Center, what song do I reconnize ?

A SORT OF HOMECOMING, I could'nt bealive it xD

ya .. thats all, it just that the guy chosing the songs IS a genious
  2. One of the songs most over-due for a live comeback, without a doubt.
  3. Great story there Marty, glad to hear there are others out there with good music taste (i.e. the guy who chose the song) and completely agree with Aussie, that song needs a revival.
  4. This song is a bit uncohesive on TUF, is better live. Apparently it is Chris Martin's favourite song, which is a bit strange.

I prefer the song the 'Unforgettable Fire' but perhaps ASOH grows on you.
  5. Originally posted by vanquish:This song is a bit uncohesive on TUF, is better live. Apparently it is Chris Martin's favourite song, which is a bit strange.

I prefer the Unforgettable Fire but perhaps it grows on you.

Have you check out the Wide Awake In America live version? Awesome stuff. Shits on the album version.
  6. That is nice. Roy was the man. Back where he belongs.
  7. ASOH is definitley one of my fave songs of all time. Always reminds me of christmas this song cos that's when i first heard it

The bit where bono sings the word 'tonight' at 4:24 is immense! luv tht bit.

One of the hidden songs by u2 fantastic opener for TUF and gr8 on Wide Awake in America!
  8. Always loved ASOH ever since the first time i played the original vinyl, prefer it to the live version, although both versions are awesome.

Homecoming, Wire & Bad are my 3 faves from my favourite album The Unforgettable Fire!!!!
  9. U2 has so many hidden gems in their collection. I recently fell in love with Surrender. Heard it many times but the 'click' came some days ago..
  10. Originally posted by MWSAH:U2 has so many hidden gems in their collection. I recently fell in love with Surrender. Heard it many times but the 'click' came some days ago..
    My "click" for Surrender came some years ago. It's an awesome song, I completely love it. After NYD (and Like A Song, regarding lyrics) my favorite out of War.
  11. I meant to say I preferred the live version of ASOH from Wide Awake in America to the album version. But I still don't think of it as an exceptional song (will listen again today), the lyrics are not quite there, and it isn't musically interesting, ie unlike TUF. At least it's much better than the "Three Sunrises'.