1. I haven't actively played videogames in over a decade but I remember being a PES advocate. It was so much better than Fifa in the late 00s, although not as well known. I remember PES3 (or maybe it was PES4) with Thiery Henry in the cover, that was my go-to football game for years -even after more "advanced" games came out.
  2. A lot of things let PES down, which still makes FIFA the better complete football game to purchase. There was a time though where I would regularly buy FIFA and PES each year and would split my time between the both of them. My last PES game was probably 2011. Great times.
  3. Also PS5 pre orders went live last night with no major official announcement from Sony lol.
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:A lot of things let PES down, which still makes FIFA the better complete football game to purchase. There was a time though where I would regularly buy FIFA and PES each year and would split my time between the both of them. My last PES game was probably 2011. Great times.
    I just remembered the unlicensed names of players in the older editions of PES Naldorinho instead of Ronaldinho, Ravoldi instead of Rivaldo... Roberto Larcos Von Mestelroum instead of Van Nistelrooy... I had this info in the back of my brain and it's all come out now and I'm nostalgic and laughing
  5. The licensing issues aren't as big as a problem now. And you can edit so much

You can get an option file to import all the real teams and kits and things. Or you can edit the kits yourself.

Skills in FIFA are way too OP. PES is more "realistic"
  6. Picked up the Series S today.
  7. Managed to get a Series S on order this morning, should be delivered tomorrow. I skipped last gen completely so it is an upgrade from the 360 whichever way you look at it!

I did want a PS5 but couldn’t secure a pre-order and then in October the car ate into the money I’d put aside for it. I will look at it again in the summer, but ideally I would want a slim version because that thing is way bigger than I expected. My brother has one on pre-order so hopefully I’ll get a good look at it long before I decide. The Series S can be relegated upstairs no bother if I get a PlayStation.
  8. It has arrived and is currently sat next to me as I work from home. Was hoping it would be delivered late in the afternoon not first thing in the morning!
  9. You got that quick seeing how you only purchased it yesterday.

I tried to set up mine last night. It crashed during the initial turning on of the console and setting up the console through the Mobile Application wouldn't work (which is what they prompt you to use) and then I couldn't sign into Xbox Live due to the servers being down. This is my first experience with Xbox and it wasn't a great start haha.

This morning though it all worked fine and it's all setup. Just got my GamePass code too so going to see what I can play from there. Have to say though, coming from a PlayStation background it's taking me a while to get use to the UI and layout of the controller.

I was thinking of starting Gears 5 as that has been optimised for the Series X/S but Black Ops Cold War comes out in a couple days and no chance I'll finish it by then.

I also managed to claim a free Google Stadia Premiere Edition last night too. Retails for £90 and includes a Chromecast Ultra and a Google Stadia controller. They're giving it away free to YouTube Premium members.
  10. Next day delivery from Asda! Lucky because Game don’t seem to be guaranteeing delivery of this second batch of stock until December.

Just setting it up now, seems fine so far. I guess they had a lot of issues last night with Xbox Live being down.
  11. I probably hold off on either for a bit, idk which looks better so far and I need paddles for my controller 😜
  12. Lmao signing into my profile FIFA 13 among my last played! Game Pass is like a sweet shop, don’t even know where to begin. At least it’s all set up and ready for this evening. All the main franchises are now into 5, 6 or 7 and I last played them at 2 or 3. I’ve missed a lot!