1. Let's sing Happy Birthday for W.W. every 3 shows, one of htem will probably be the right one!
  2. Obviously when he sings happy birthday for W.W. on the wrong dates it’s a rehearsal for the real one.
  3. Yeah and they film it in different cities in order to get enough footage to edit the final version!
  4. I wonder what W.W. is thinking though when they start playing happy birthday on the wrong day. How does that mix up even happen when he’s on tour with them. I genuinely wonder if one of the crew members has played a prank on Bono and told him it’s his birthday or something.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I wonder what W.W. is thinking though when they start playing happy birthday on the wrong day. How does that mix up even happen when he’s on tour with them. I genuinely wonder if one of the crew members has played a prank on Bono and told him it’s his birthday or something.
    It's funny because they do a lot of date-specific things (I'm thinking of Michael Hutchence lately, or One Tree Hill in 2011 for Greg Carroll) and they're -usually- spot on, but other times they're off by days or even months I remember one 2015 instance of Happy Birthday for Bill Gates which was sung like 15 days in advance or something
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's funny because they do a lot of date-specific things (I'm thinking of Michael Hutchence lately, or One Tree Hill in 2011 for Greg Carroll) and they're -usually- spot on, but other times they're off by days or even months I remember one 2015 instance of Happy Birthday for Bill Gates which was sung like 15 days in advance or something
    Maybe the happy birthday thing is an inside joke of the band, they also played HB for Corbijn at Vertigo Tour in Amsterdam (ofc) in July while his birthday is in May
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I wonder what W.W. is thinking though when they start playing happy birthday on the wrong day. How does that mix up even happen when he’s on tour with them. I genuinely wonder if one of the crew members has played a prank on Bono and told him it’s his birthday or something.
    when did that happen? Willie Williams is so close to the band, for sure he will not mix that up. I really liked it when he sang it in Amsterdam, as it was my birthday as well. Best show ever of course
  8. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    when did that happen? Willie Williams is so close to the band, for sure he will not mix that up. I really liked it when he sang it in Amsterdam, as it was my birthday as well. Best show ever of course
    It was sang for him at the 360 Sheffield show. 20th August, his birthday is 8th September.
  9. weird.. Willy is even live on the screen waving to the audience. I remember singing Happy Birthday for The Edge on 6 August (2010) as well as on 7 August (2005), while his birthday is on the 8th.. apparently they don't mind being a bit off with that .. Sheffield of course is/was Willie's hometown (or area), so I guess it has something to do with that..
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    weird.. Willy is even live on the screen waving to the audience. I remember singing Happy Birthday for The Edge on 6 August (2010) as well as on 7 August (2005), while his birthday is on the 8th.. apparently they don't mind being a bit off with that .. Sheffield of course is/was Willie's hometown (or area), so I guess it has something to do with that..
    Yeah a few days off is acceptable but weeks or even months? Absurd.