1. I’m with miryclay, think the 360 versions are better but still nothing wrong with the zoo tv version just different levels of great.
  2. I might have picked Detroit September 92 for EBTTRT
  3. Or any of the professional/soundboard quality versions of the song from zoo tv really. That tour is where Real Thing was at its best I think. I thought the ATYCLB/elevation tour era was when it was poorest.
  4. 360 versions were a brilliant refresh of Ultraviolet but 1992 is where it’s at. The pacing and Bono’s silky smooth delivery of the verses. Plus I don’t recall Bono dropping the F bomb in any 360 performances. The F bomb is bonus points.

I remain amazed to this day they they resurrected it. My grail love song and they bring it back for the first show I to. Unreal.
  5. He dropped the F Bomb during JT 19
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:360 versions were a brilliant refresh of Ultraviolet but 1992 is where it’s at. The pacing and Bono’s silky smooth delivery of the verses. Plus I don’t recall Bono dropping the F bomb in any 360 performances. The F bomb is bonus points.
    Absolutely. Plus the excellent lyric variations in the F-verse:

"When I was all fucked up and I heard opera in my head,
    Your love was like a symphony flying over my bed"

"When I was all messed up and I had opera in my head,
    Your love was just a lightbulb that flew over my bed"

"I was all fucked-UP!, and I heard opera in my bed,
    Your love was like a lifeboat you threw over my head"

(I might have made up the third one but I'd swear there is one May or June 92 show where he says lifeboat, which is brilliant. Otherwise I'll take the credit lol).
  7. What an album

Does anybody know of any other world-successful band that released such a groundbreaking album after several critically acclaimed albums, with such a radical departure from their "standard" sound and aesthetics?
  8. Maybe Radiohead?
  9. ... or The Beatles.
  10. (Was that a rhetorical question?)
  11. Quick question while this topic is back in the mix and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere... but was there a reason why on ZOOTV that the band come in early at the start of Until the End of the World? Was it a rehearsal "accident" or something like that that they stuck with or was it "just because"? Then obviously on POPmart the intro returned to normal like on the album...

Just curious.
  12. Originally posted by colbourne25:Quick question while this topic is back in the mix and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere... but was there a reason why on ZOOTV that the band come in early at the start of Until the End of the World? Was it a rehearsal "accident" or something like that that they stuck with or was it "just because"? Then obviously on POPmart the intro returned to normal like on the album...

Just curious.
    They didn’t actually play like on the album until E&I, but I’m assuming for zoo tv they just thought it worked live to come in when they did .