1. The top choice would be Milan 1992. 10 Achtung Baby songs + the snippet of "So Cruel" included in "Bad". Moreover, it's a great gig. I don't think they have a polished recording that they might agree to release though...
  2. it doesn't make sense that on an anniversary they don't include UV or wild horses, they will. the joshua tree had a show never released before, right?
  3. Originally posted by Damonio123:it doesn't make sense that on an anniversary they don't include UV or wild horses, they will. the joshua tree had a show never released before, right?
    It did but it was a JT show that didn’t feature Mother’s Of The Disappeared or One Tree Hill. I thought one of the Tempe shows would have been a better shout than MSG for that release. For a zoo tv show part of me thinks we might get ultraviolet but not wild horses. One of the 93 shows.
  4. I suppose Dublin ‘93 is a likely candidate but that seems like a bit of a waste with the great recording(s) that are already available.

I’m sure I’ve stated this before but I’d have no issue with getting the standard 1992 setlist where each song’s performance was taken from a different show (kind of like U22 and it i/e gift from a couple of years ago). Assuming they have decent audio archives of each song they can minimize releasing any “subpar” performances that they seem to be so concerned about.
  5. When I asked about Boston being included with ATYCLB I was told the band are very proud of that show, they think it works well, sounds great and is a good representative show for the era. Also was told they never even considered another option. I know we all want something new, but I’m not sure the band look at it all the same way.
  6. Sydney sounds awful
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:When I asked about Boston being included with ATYCLB I was told the band are very proud of that show, they think it works well, sounds great and is a good representative show for the era. Also was told they never even considered another option. I know we all want something new, but I’m not sure the band look at it all the same way.
    I don’t know how the band members who are intelligent people can’t realise that yes all they points are valid about Boston but there will be several other shows in the vaults that the same could be said about that haven’t been released. And common sense should then tell them that if we can get something previously unreleased that fits the criteria given that it would be preferable over something we already have. It’s not rocket science, if you ask the fans what would you want in a AB 30 boxset as an example, Sydney 93 on cd or Dublin 93 on cd of course people are going to want Dublin, Sydney or Stockholm 92, Stockholm would be the preference. Why would any fan want the same release over and over rather than something previously unreleased, they must be clever enough people to realise this.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t know how the band members who are intelligent people can’t realise that yes all they points are valid about Boston but there will be several other shows in the vaults that the same could be said about that haven’t been released. And common sense should then tell them that if we can get something previously unreleased that fits the criteria given that it would be preferable over something we already have. It’s not rocket science, if you ask the fans what would you want in a AB 30 boxset as an example, Sydney 93 on cd or Dublin 93 on cd of course people are going to want Dublin, Sydney or Stockholm 92, Stockholm would be the preference. Why would any fan want the same release over and over rather than something previously unreleased, they must be clever enough people to realise this.
    What if the whole purpose of the box was to simply collect together older released material and make it available again now that it's hard to find, in a new format (vinyl)? I would have happily taken a whole bunch of demos from that era, and some of the rarer mixes, over what they included too. There's easily 100 demos they worked on for that album, not one of the unreleased ones appeared. The b-sides disc collected the same ones we already have. There's easily 100 shows out there, but we get one we already have. Maybe they were content with a box that celebrated what they put out 20 years ago. And by all accounts it sold really well, better than expected, even charting in a few places, so I don't think it stopped people from buying it.
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    What if the whole purpose of the box was to simply collect together older released material and make it available again now that it's hard to find, in a new format (vinyl)? I would have happily taken a whole bunch of demos from that era, and some of the rarer mixes, over what they included too. There's easily 100 demos they worked on for that album, not one of the unreleased ones appeared. The b-sides disc collected the same ones we already have. There's easily 100 shows out there, but we get one we already have. Maybe they were content with a box that celebrated what they put out 20 years ago. And by all accounts it sold really well, better than expected, even charting in a few places, so I don't think it stopped people from buying it.
    I think it’s pretty much a case of taking advantage of knowing fans and collectors will buy anything regardless of what material they put on it. I’m guilty of that myself. I’ve got the JT30, AB20 and ATYCLB20 boxsets and it’s nothing really to do with the material on them. I quite liked getting Boston on cd but tbh it’s just a back up now to the digital version, JT30 I could have settled for the 2cd version which had MSG on it and I had the b sides from the 20th anniversary box they did anyway. I don’t even like the 2017 mixes so they didn’t interest me. AB20 there was a few unreleased songs I didn’t have but I could quite happily of lived with downloading they specific tracks if it wasn’t for the collector in me. Just because we buy it though doesn’t make it right to continue to rerelease the same stuff over and over. They know fully well we’d rather have more unreleased stuff. For me it’s mainly just live content but even demo’s and outtakes as well. They know we’d rather more stuff we don’t have but it’s easier to release the same things we do have in different packaging and still get our money anyway. But I reckon they would be very surprised at how well a live boxset of previously unreleased shows would sell. They’d still have all the usual collectors plus they would get a lot of the people who are just wanting something different too. I think a zoo tv live boxset with half a dozen unreleased shows or more in audio and video would be regarded as there best release ever and would sell much better than any previous rerelease. Why not just give people what they want? We’re not asking for it for free or anything.
  10. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:The Dream is they will remaster/rerelease an Outside Broadcast from 92’ that must have UV in it! Plus was these shows shot on film?
    I really doubt any of these shows were shot on film sadly If Sydney (which was the show chosen for video recording & release, with all the cameras, crew, etc) wasn't, no way any of the others were.
  11. As much as visual spectacle ZOOTV was, I just really want the audio.

Oasis has come through for me this year (Knebworth '96) and now I'm hoping it's U2's turn to do so.
  12. This Irish podcaster has unearthed some interviews from the recording of Zooropa.