1. Originally posted by deanallison:I think zoo Station opening AB, for me anyway, is the greatest moment in music history. Obviously bias coming from a big u2 fan but that must have been mind blowing for anyone going on a u2 journey back then, I know not everyone took to the album straight away but for good or bad reasons to the individual I think it would have been a shock to the system and that in itself is a good thing. I never got to experience the shift in style at the time but I think the fact I can still go back now and start from Boy working my way to AB knowing what’s coming but still being blown away shows just how great a move it was from the band. So the greatest moment and the greatest step taken by any artist or musician to open that album with that song at that precise time in their career. Sublime.
    Y E S
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I think zoo Station opening AB, for me anyway, is the greatest moment in music history. Obviously bias coming from a big u2 fan but that must have been mind blowing for anyone going on a u2 journey back then, I know not everyone took to the album straight away but for good or bad reasons to the individual I think it would have been a shock to the system and that in itself is a good thing. I never got to experience the shift in style at the time but I think the fact I can still go back now and start from Boy working my way to AB knowing what’s coming but still being blown away shows just how great a move it was from the band. So the greatest moment and the greatest step taken by any artist or musician to open that album with that song at that precise time in their career. Sublime.

I don't know if it was the greatest, but it's certainly up there among the very best. I remember when the album came out. I had recently gotten into U2 - I knew all their catalogue up to that point, including some good bootlegs. I was blown away. The album was mind blowing at the time. Bono was the super duper rock n roll icon. The show was mind blowing to the power of mind blowing to the power etc.
  3. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

I don't know if it was the greatest, but it's certainly up there among the very best. I remember when the album came out. I had recently gotten into U2 - I knew all their catalogue up to that point, including some good bootlegs. I was blown away. The album was mind blowing at the time. Bono was the super duper rock n roll icon. The show was mind blowing to the power of mind blowing to the power etc.
    Was listening to an E&I boot lately , London 2 which I was at , and they really nailed Zoo Station on that tour.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:I think zoo Station opening AB, for me anyway, is the greatest moment in music history. Obviously bias coming from a big u2 fan but that must have been mind blowing for anyone going on a u2 journey back then, I know not everyone took to the album straight away but for good or bad reasons to the individual I think it would have been a shock to the system and that in itself is a good thing. I never got to experience the shift in style at the time but I think the fact I can still go back now and start from Boy working my way to AB knowing what’s coming but still being blown away shows just how great a move it was from the band. So the greatest moment and the greatest step taken by any artist or musician to open that album with that song at that precise time in their career. Sublime.

not happy to have opened the album with zoo station, the second track is EBTTRT... crazy first two tracks for anyone who didn't expect this from the band.
  5. I think London 1 probably features my favourite part of any gig I’ve been to with the Berlin Suite as Willie Williams put it from Zoo Station through to wild horses. I was standing for both London nights pretty near the centre of the cage probably 4 metres back from the rail and it felt like I was in a different world both nights, but the first in particular was really special and really emotional to be quite honest, seeing stay for the first time in 17 years and zoo Station, the fly and wild horses for the first time in 13 years. Made me arrange a relatively last minute trip to see the tour finale at the home of the album, I was up in the heavens for that show but it didn’t really matter it was still amazing. Probably the best few weeks of being a u2 fan for me, meeting some great fellow fans too.

6. All this talking 'bout AB brought back memories to 13 november 2018 (which might be a familiair date to a lot of you ) where we got a tour through Hansa
  7. Just had an email from U2 rounding up the latest news. It finished off by saying...
    'More exciting news soon with another special anniversary.
    Best Wishes,
    The U2.com Team'
  8. Wow… cutting it close… great news, however. Wonder what it’ll be?????
  9. Coloured vinyl release of the album, as good as confirmed already by u2songs. And the virtual reality thing which sounds like more talking and looking back over previously released stuff rather than any unseen footage.
  10. Man. Can't wait.
  11. In hope it’s more than just a coloured vinyl. No turntable in this household.
  12. They could at least release the remastered audio from a couple years ago on streaming platforms along with a colored vinyl