1. F..... the vinyl pressing of AB!! Nothing new again. Give us some live material from Zoo TV!
  2. It’s definitely time, isn’t it?

3. They got two mostly completed songs out of the work in Berlin according to different sources. I'm not sure which ones.

From: https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_achtung_baby_album_original_release

Only two completed songs came out of the work in Berlin, but the visit had been productive and inspired the rest of the recording sessions. In February 1991, U2 took residence in a seaside home Elsinore located just outside Dublin in Dalkey. The studio they set up there was nicknamed “Dog Town” by the band. Like the recordings in Slane Castle for The Unforgettable Fire and in the bands homes for The Joshua Tree, the move to Dog Town was an attempt to bring some atmosphere to the recordings that Lanois felt couldn’t be found in studio. The band struggled during these sessions with a song called “Lady With the Spinning Head” but that work would eventually produce “The Fly”, “Ultraviolet (Light My Way)” and “Zoo Station”. Towards the end of the sessions at Dog Town, Eno returned to the sessions and was horrified with what he heard, and worked with the band over the next number of weeks to strip out some of the overdubbing that had been added to tracks.

In July the band finished work at Dog Town and moved to Windmill Lane Studios for final mixing of the tracks. Some editing work was also undertaken in STS Studios in Dublin. Recording continued up to the September 21 deadline including last minute changes to “Mysterious Ways”, “The Fly” and “One”. The final night was spent deciding on a running order, and the Edge traveled to Los Angeles to deliver the album for final mastering.

4. amen. if i thought there'd be anything good i *might* get excited.
  5. Minority opinion here again, but a 30th anniversary vinyl plus an online interactive involving the making of the album sound just fine to me.

We already have an epic show representing Zoo TV in all its glory (Sydney). We have a giant-ass book detailing the origins and making of the album, along with b-sides and remixes galore, and even the From The Sky Down documentary (20th anniversary edition). Sure, I'd love an official release of a show from 92/early 93, but we have YouTube and bootlegs on this site for the die-hards among us.

All I want is at least one more new album from the band before they officially retire.
  6. We Will Have Sing2 song does it count?! Okey now I want to watch more tv … zoo tv
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Recording continued up to the September 21 deadline including last minute changes to “Mysterious Ways”, “The Fly” and “One”. The final night was spent deciding on a running order, and the Edge traveled to Los Angeles to deliver the album for final mastering.
    I was just reading that part in U2 By U2 the other day. This quote from Edge cracked me up:
    "Right at the end, when we were mixing 'One', I had an idea. I walked in literally as the boys had completed the last mix and said, 'I've got a great guitar part for the end of "One".' It was like telling them someone had died."
  8. Going by the recent article on u2songs the AB 30 vinyl sounds even more underwhelming than I could have imagined. Not even a coloured vinyl to separate it from the vinyl that’s already released. Will save me money I guess. Let’s hope they pull something out the bag with this virtual reality thing or a fanclub gift next year for zoo tv 30.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/upcoming_releases_achtung_baby_zucchero_and_more
  9. I’m losing hope on a 1992 live release. It is what it is, I guess, but it’s something I’ve had my fingers crossed about for at least 15 years.

I’m starting to feel silly.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I’m losing hope on a 1992 live release. It is what it is, I guess, but it’s something I’ve had my fingers crossed about for at least 15 years.

I’m starting to feel silly.
    I’ve lost expectation but I’ll never lose hope. I just can’t see Stockholm not being released one day it has to happen. Dublin 93 as well. It would be crazy if they don’t properly release these shows. Maybe it’s for a day when the band aren’t releasing new material, I don’t think there’s any money in just rereleasing old albums without anything different to go with it. The stones have had to start digging a bit deeper with live releases and the content on anniversary releases since the studio stuff has slowed down, u2 will probably be the same, well hopefully anyway.
  11. I'm not interested in U2 releasing material we already have in the same quality level. Both Dublin and Stockholm are widely available as excellent soundboards. They actually are the #1 and #6 most downloaded shows on our show pages. I love them both and I'd surely buy them if they release them in physical format (not in digital though).

On the other hand I'd be much, muuuch more interested in them releasing lesser known shows like some of the Outside Broadcast shows that were partly broadcast, or just about ANY 1st/2nd leg show except Stockholm and Rotterdam. We know for a fact they have them all recorded in high quality so releasing them would be just a matter of mixing the different tracks and voila - instant cash grab.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:I'm not interested in U2 releasing material we already have in the same quality level. Both Dublin and Stockholm are widely available as excellent soundboards. They actually are the #1 and #6 most downloaded shows on our show pages. I love them both and I'd surely buy them if they release them in physical format (not in digital though).

On the other hand I'd be much, muuuch more interested in them releasing lesser known shows like some of the Outside Broadcast shows that were partly broadcast, or just about ANY 1st/2nd leg show except Stockholm and Rotterdam. We know for a fact they have them all recorded in high quality so releasing them would be just a matter of mixing the different tracks and voila - instant cash grab.
    They’re excellent for unofficial releases but an official release of these shows would still up the game. Plus Stockholm could be released as a blu Ray upscaled which would be a bigger improvement still on the visuals we currently have. I’m not saying I wouldn’t like other stuff that’s not been heard in good quality but I’m just being realistic, get the stuff that we have already seen and heard in good quality and get it released in great quality then move on to the rarer stuff if it does exist in good quality. Edge has spoke before about stuff from the past not having crowd noise etc, just listen to the sellafield tracks that were released, they’re very dry. I’d still take a full show like that but you can understand the band not wanting to release a full show in that sort of quality officially. I think it’s only going back to the vertigo tour or maybe elevation at a push where the band have great quality recordings of all shows possibly. Again just going by what edge said.