1. Not that I have seen.
  2. Originally posted by melon51:I looked into this and I'm pretty sure that some of the tracks/ideas started in '88/'89. 'The instrumental 'Real Thing' that's on the salome bootlegs was recorded during the sessions of Desire. And during LoveTown soundchecks there was an early version of TTTYAATW and something that sounds like a mash between Until/UV. Wild Horses as an instrumental was also around before 1990 I think.

None of those were finished as written songs with lyrics I think until they started proper in Elsinore in '91. But that's my guess, maybe the wrong tapes got stolen/misplaced and they had more ready. I mean, Sick Puppy isn't on them and that was One ( ) they wanted to get right in Berlin.

There are two audios clip of a soundcheck during Rattle and Hum of these

3. I’m spinning Achtung now and i have to admit that UTEOTW right after One is goooossseeeebumps!
  4. Thanks for sharing.
  5. Yes, those are the 2 tracks. I tried to clean up the wind noise as much as possible but it's terribly strong.. This was recorded outside the stadium in Auckland on a walkman is the story. The total soundcheck audio was around 30 mins but the rest was existing songs or single instruments.

There is another soundcheck from '89 (melbourne which has 2 other 'new tracks', in one of which Bono keeps reciting 'Heartbeat' but I'd have to dig to find those
  6. Even if this was true (which is not) that wasn't my point. My point was that I thought the first AB song to surface to the public was The Fly, I didn't know UTEOTW premiered prior to that - even if it was on a film.
  7. every track of AB is undebatable better in its live version, especially WGRYWH which sounds like a sort of chill rock version on the album
  8. Originally posted by thalloween:every track of AB is undebatable better in its live version, especially WGRYWH which sounds like a sort of chill rock version on the album
    Only so cruel needs to prove itself, the album version is much better than the versions we’ve heard so far love that weren’t full versions. Tryin to throw your arms around the world has a certain sound to it on the album that I’d say probably makes it equal to the live versions at least. The live versions often dragged on a bit too. Zoo station is great live but there’s a little bit on the studio version backing track about 38 seconds in which they never quite replicated live and it is something I’ve always noticed but still it’s the best gig opener ever 10/10 live and in studio just in different ways.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Only so cruel needs to prove itself, the album version is much better than the versions we’ve heard so far love that weren’t full versions. Tryin to throw your arms around the world has a certain sound to it on the album that I’d say probably makes it equal to the live versions at least. The live versions often dragged on a bit too. Zoo station is great live but there’s a little bit on the studio version backing track about 38 seconds in which they never quite replicated live and it is something I’ve always noticed but still it’s the best gig opener ever 10/10 live and in studio just in different ways.
    So Cruel will be brought back soon
  10. I honestly think that live only a few surpassed the studio versions to my ear. Until The End Of The World and Mysterious Ways definitely were better live than the album versions. I always felt the other AB songs (bar One here and there) fell a little short on the album versions, but still great
  11. Definitely their best album live.
    One and Wild Horses were not surpassed , to these ears. And should they ever do a full So Cruel , same.

12. you're probably asking for the other recordings mentioned (the soundcheck stuff) but here is the early instrumental Real Thing for anyone who hasn't heard it before because it's great.

really cool hearing it sounding well formed so early on with the guitar parts and even the percussion (cant tell if it's loops or not) love these outtakes, hearing them jam as a group presumably with lanois too