1. Not even close, it's a band that does the instrumental parts.
  2. Originally posted by LostSailor:The Fly is one of my top U2 songs.
    Top 15 maybe.
    I'm sure I'm in the minority but my favorite version is the 360 version. Perfection.

The Fly is well, The Fly, so it's always great to me... ZooTV, ELEVATION, Vertigo, 360, ei, ...so happy to have so many versions that are available to listen to over and over again!
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

The Fly is well, The Fly, so it's always great to me... ZooTV, ELEVATION, Vertigo, 360, ei, ...so happy to have so many versions that are available to listen to over and over again!
    Funny it's by no means my favourite track on AB but when i listen to it wow it's like lighting a fire inside your soul!!
  4. it's crazy how i like "Everybody loves a Winner", it's probably their mostly random song from Achtung Baby era, but, the falsetto in the end, the duet with Maria McKee it's nice. I needed to say this.
  5. I've never gotten the point of reaction videos so I haven't watched it, but it's hard to believe that anyone remotely involved in music experiences their first listen to One in 2023.

(Unless they've been living in a remote island in the Pacific with no radio signal for the last 32 years).
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've never gotten the point of reaction videos so I haven't watched it, but it's hard to believe that anyone remotely involved in music experiences their first listen to One in 2023.

(Unless they've been living in a remote island in the Pacific with no radio signal for the last 32 years).
    Exacty
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've never gotten the point of reaction videos so I haven't watched it, but it's hard to believe that anyone remotely involved in music experiences their first listen to One in 2023.

Totally agree, no talent whatsoever and there's so many of these so called 'first listen' videos. I don't believe such rubbish.
  8. this was my reaction to hearing the SOS album for the first time

9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Exactly but that's actually a great idea. Imagine if someone goes out to a remote island in the Pacific and plays them a load of songs and records their reaction.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I dunno. I do think that if you play the song to my generation and younger, it could genuinely be the first time they hear it. Even if they are involved in music they could be in different genres.

There's no guarantee that someone my age who's involved in Hip Hop would have listened to it before. Although I do agree the majority of the videos are fake and are for views.
  11. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I dunno. I do think that if you play the song to my generation and younger, it could genuinely be the first time they hear it. Even if they are involved in music they could be in different genres.

There's no guarantee that someone my age who's involved in Hip Hop would have listened to it before. Although I do agree the majority of the videos are fake and are for views.
    If they have working eardrums and have lived their short lives in civilized world I'd say there is a fairly high chance that they have listened to One in TV commercials, shopping malls, bus radio on the commute to school. I don't mean actively listened to the song, just listened.

And that goes for the new generation that might only listen to hip-hop, reggaeton and similar. Obviously a person involved in music (even if it's classical music) has had a much bigger exposure to all kinds of music and I'm 100% certain has listened to One just like I'm 100% certain they've listened to Imagine, We Are The Champions, I Can't Get No Satisfaction, Let It Be, etc. It just happens. These songs are everywhere. You literally can't avoid them.