1. and you think that you can love? and you think that you can love? and you think that you can love someone into love...

love the track. they should play it live.

2. I will go for the Superdeluxe edition as well (TJT Superdeluxe edition makes me want more of that kinda stuff).
    But around 60 euros is a bit cost worthy. Bol.com has it for around 44,95 euros.
  3. Originally posted by Rob1965:[..]

I will go for the Superdeluxe edition as well (TJT Superdeluxe edition makes me want more of that kinda stuff).
    But around 60 euros is a bit cost worthy. Bol.com has it for around 44,95 euros.

cdwow.nl has it for 36 euros. ordered it there, but have to wait another week or so
  4. Got my box set today and I'm really happy with it
    disappearing act would make a great single, love the outro
    one more thing, on the mini album case there isn't a space between the a & the s in a sort of homecoming
  5. What do the liner notes have as the lyrics for Disappearing Act?

6. I've been wondering that myself. I'd love to know what those missing words are I couldn't make out.

7. Probably you saw this already, but here's what I had:

...Da-da-da
    Oh...oh...

You do your disappearing act

Silence, I know I could get used to this
    Cunning, your sin is something I'm not gonna miss
    Exile, it's a small price to pay for bliss
    Alone, like the painter's dog without a bone
    When there's only one thing you need to own
    And that is hunger, hunger itself

I know you're [what?]
    Your [something] is ripped and it is torn to shreds
    From all the lovers taken to your beds
    They're empty now
    And you think that you can love
    And you think that you can love someone into love

Jealousy, it's not what it's cracked up to be
    Envy, gets you where you need to be
    Alone, rather the river than your stepping stones
    Leave the graveyard before you turn to bones
    I'm tragic, you're comedy

Oh, baby doll, the dogs are barking, they need to be fed
    All the lepers you let in your head - is it empty now?
    Cos you think that can love
    And you think that you can love someone into love

8. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Just got mine yesterday. First of all thanks to everyone for saving me money, I went for the 2 disc set after reading opinions on the DVD. The album sounds amazing and the second disk rocks as well. I'm really digging the 2 remixes of wire. Really kick ass. Can't wait for achtung baby of course but also looking forward to hear God Part 2 in this quality audio

That Kevorkian mix I like better than the album version. It's hypnotic and addictive.
    The Lanois mix of ASOH, however...I don't think I'll be listening to that again. It strips away everything I love about the song and adds some...interesting elements. Sorry, Peter Gabriel.
  9. I got my 2cd set earlier today and I have to say that this is by far the best remaster that they've done so far.

If you play both the prides, their almost like two different songs IMO.

I mean every single song is just so crystal clear and the volume is really good. Thats one thing with the JT remaster, the sound is awesome but the volume didn't seem any better than the originals. Just a little. I'm not saying they should have made it louder but the UF remaster just seems more full.

With the exception of pride which was recorded in an actual studio I believe, every song is as if your standing right their next to the Larry and the boys in Slane Castle. Its that clear. I dare say that it rivals the remastered albums that Genesis did a few years ago. And trust me, that's saying something because the difference between Genesis' original recordings and there remastered versions are like night and day.

I also compared each old version and new remastered version side by side in Garage Band and I could clearly see the difference. Its not that the little squiggly lines are just taller on the remastered version but they are just thicker and denser meaning they improved every little sound in the background. 5stars/5
  10. Originally posted by Sting:I got my 2cd set earlier today and I have to say that this is by far the best remaster that they've done so far.

If you play both the prides, their almost like two different songs IMO.

I mean every single song is just so crystal clear and the volume is really good. Thats one thing with the JT remaster, the sound is awesome but the volume didn't seem any better than the originals. Just a little. I'm not saying they should have made it louder but the UF remaster just seems more full.

With the exception of pride which was recorded in an actual studio I believe, every song is as if your standing right their next to the Larry and the boys in Slane Castle. Its that clear. I dare say that it rivals the remastered albums that Genesis did a few years ago. And trust me, that's saying something because the difference between Genesis' original recordings and there remastered versions are like night and day.

I also compared each old version and new remastered version side by side in Garage Band and I could clearly see the difference. Its not that the little squiggly lines are just taller on the remastered version but they are just thicker and denser meaning they improved every little sound in the background. 5stars/5

Nice review there. I didn't expect any less of the sound.
  11. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

The Lanois mix of ASOH, however...I don't think I'll be listening to that again. It strips away everything I love about the song and adds some...interesting elements. Sorry, Peter Gabriel.

It's a little cheesy, isn't it? It reminds me a bit of that scene in the Making Of TUF video where Danny Lanois is messing about with it and laughing his head off.