1. And then purchase.
  2. Maybe someone with knowledge of studios could explain what the hell is happening in that drum thang.
  3. As was the custom back then,I took 2 days off work for this release,Monday & Tuesday,to get familiar with it.I think my first play was from around 9.30am on the 18th (unlike Prince Andrew I know my whereabouts lol) First impression was...’...well that’s no Joshua Tree...’ Classic collection of songs,hearing some of them again live on the Experience tour was magical.Great album.
  4. I was listening to "So Cruel" yesterday. It's one of my favorites. Does anyone know if Edge plays the piano part? I really like it, how simple but effective. Plus I can play it on the piano. I just wish the song made it to more live shows. I missed it by one night in Boston, but I did get All I Want Is You, so it's hard to complain.
  5. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:I was listening to "So Cruel" yesterday. It's one of my favorites. Does anyone know if Edge plays the piano part? I really like it, how simple but effective. Plus I can play it on the piano. I just wish the song made it to more live shows. I missed it by one night in Boston, but I did get All I Want Is You, so it's hard to complain.
    I wouldn't imagine anyone else playing that piano part. It's got EDGE written all over it: technically simple, no fancy playing or effects, but 100% effective and straight to the point. It's a lovely song, sorry that you missed it in 1992! We were speaking about that Boston version the other day in the So Cruel topic:
    Originally posted by LikeASong:The version of So Cruel from 1992-08-22 - Foxboro just came up while driving home... What a lovely, heartbroken & heartbreaking song. And the crowd singing along and some people near the taper even singing the "baby you're nowhere" ahead of Bono, wow.
  6. I'm definitely going to have to give that a listen. There's also that live version on youtube where it is just Bono and guitar. If I remember correctly, I think it's from the same session that he plays "The Fly" solo and kicks a chair.

Totally agree-- technically simple & no fancy playing = 100% effective!

I used to listen to this song over and over in the car while driving home from my girlfriend's house. She lived Three So Cruels from me.
  7. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:I'm definitely going to have to give that a listen. There's also that live version on youtube where it is just Bono and guitar. If I remember correctly, I think it's from the same session that he plays "The Fly" solo and kicks a chair.

Totally agree-- technically simple & no fancy playing = 100% effective!

I used to listen to this song over and over in the car while driving home from my girlfriend's house. She lived Three So Cruels from me.
    Yeah, these are the From The Sky Down documentary versions. Not great, but better than nothing

Counting your car drives in number of songs is a classic. I live 6 U2 songs away from job (or 2 Pink Floyd songs away)!
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, these are the From The Sky Down documentary versions. Not great, but better than nothing

Counting your car drives in number of songs is a classic. I live 6 U2 songs away from job (or 2 Pink Floyd songs away)!
    25+ years later, I still count travel times in U2 songs. Picking my daughter up from her dance class is 1 1/2 U2 songs from home, but I'll leave with enough time to finish the song in the parking lot.
  9. So, in the end, there's this new recording of Heaven and Hell. Is this officialy released somewhere and I'm not aware of it or was it really a 2016 recording that did not make it to the deluxe SOE? If it's still unreleased, do you think it can be included in the deluxe version of SOA (or whatever) or maybe they held it back for a 2021 30th anniversary kind of gift box?
  10. The drums sound like UTEOTW.
  11. well at the beginning, it's UTEOTW kindergarten version, I'm refering to the last song on the video