1. Amen. And insane thinking that the sounds on that album are almost 20 years old now. I started liking U2 in the year or two prior to AB's release, but when AB came out, that album helped shape my teenage years. I lost my grandfather (who was like a dad to me) the month before AB came out. That album was like therapy 💖
  2. Been going through some rough stuff recently and album (particularly Acrobat and Love Is Blindness) is really helping me cope.
  3. Best U2 album. Every song is different. Absolutely fabulous.
  4. My favourite album. Will definitely be getting an Achtung Baby tattoo at some stage.
  5. Well that’s some good news, fingers crossed something cool is on the way to mark the anniversary. I’ll be keeping a close eye on further updates from u2songs.
  6. "we are told that there will be a focus on some sort of new digital experience to celebrate the album. "

I do not like how this sounds
  7. I predict a pay-per-view VR experience with the band talking about Berlin, the album inception and telling the same stories and anecdotes we've heard for 3 decades.
  8. I don't think there will be anything new indeed 😢

And if there's a physical release it will be the same old b-sides and a couple of unreleased remixes no one cares about.

Maybe the acoustic or re-arranged songs Adam was talking about are for the AB30 release. If that's the case, i hope it's not only included in a 15 vinyl box costing €£$ 300,00 cause i probably only listen to it once and after that collecting dust
  9. I was holding on to my U2.com subscription with the ever-so-small hope that they’d do an AB30 tour. I guess I can (finally?) not renew.
  10. I really wish they’d do an abbey road type show with the album played in full to a small crowd. I’d watch that and pay for it if they released it. It would be celebrating the old but with a new performance. That or some zoo tv show being released that hasn’t already. I feel like the band and/or the management have got absolutely no idea when it comes to the appeal of live releases. It’s not the whole perfectionist thing preventing them because they can pick whatever shows they like, they could do a compilation of live performances from tours, they can edit stuff. So it’s not a case of them not liking the live material they have they must just really not see the appeal to releasing more live shows and that to me is crazy. A live zoo tv boxset fans would go mad for. They could charge £500 for it with loads of shows and I reckon more people would buy it than people that bought the ATYCLB boxsets at much less they could have more affordable individual digital options for people that just want the material as opposed to having something physical for the collection. From a business point of view and in terms of satisfying what fans want they would tick all boxes and they could still achieve quality control. It makes no sense why it hasn’t already been done. A lot of people’s favourite tour with several of their best performances and only 1 (almost) full live release.
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:I really wish they’d do an abbey road type show with the album played in full to a small crowd. I’d watch that and pay for it if they released it. It would be celebrating the old but with a new performance. That or some zoo tv show being released that hasn’t already. I feel like the band and/or the management have got absolutely no idea when it comes to the appeal of live releases. It’s not the whole perfectionist thing preventing them because they can pick whatever shows they like, they could do a compilation of live performances from tours, they can edit stuff. So it’s not a case of them not liking the live material they have they must just really not see the appeal to releasing more live shows and that to me is crazy. A live zoo tv boxset fans would go mad for. They could charge £500 for it with loads of shows and I reckon more people would buy it than people that bought the ATYCLB boxsets at much less they could have more affordable individual digital options for people that just want the material as opposed to having something physical for the collection. From a business point of view and in terms of satisfying what fans want they would tick all boxes and they could still achieve quality control. It makes no sense why it hasn’t already been done. A lot of people’s favourite tour with several of their best performances and only 1 (almost) full live release.
    Sounds good (amazing, really) to me!

Yes indeed. I’d love to have a high quality audio source (ie, official) of all the songs performed (in front of a live audience) as a 30 year homage. No need for the theatrics… just the songs themselves. Pair it up with a 1992 show and we are golden.