1. A christmas release. Nice to have the two U2 christmas tunes together.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Without going into a discussion about all that and I do accept some of the points you are making it still doesn’t counter the point that they aren’t doing enough for die hard fans with their releases. Instead of trying to appeal to a casual listener with an EP why not give us an EP of unreleased tracks live or studio. Even something like mercy and North Star studio versions would be quite cool, stick a live version of lucifers hands on U2.com, just something to get excited about in amongst all these releases which are bland, boring and pointless to big fans of the band.

Mercy was already released on EP. North star who knows...maybe one day it shows up.

Live ? So much is available via bootlegs if you mean audio. (Having said that i did buy MSG from JT30)

Video ? Yes please. Paris was a nice touch for JT20. But i understand their belief in DVDs/Blu Ray that represent each tour. I still hope Lovetown gets a live release someday.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah that’s probably true that they’ll keep material back if they’ve got a release planned with certain tracks included in it. I’ve got Spotify so I would have seen it, although U2 aren’t one of the artists I visit often on Spotify since I’ve got all the stuff on my itunes/iPhone but I do have a little look occasionally for that reason of new releases. I get what you’re saying this release doesn’t effect potential other releases, you’re absolutely right, I guess it would just be nice to have some more U2 to enjoy. I think I’m still feeling disappointed from the whole AB thing, I’m keeping an eye on U2.com for next years gift announcement both excited and dreading it being a let down but in fairness they have given us the Apollo this year, Berlin last year and tours, albums as well as other live releases in the years prior. I forget I’m greedy sometimes, it was just AB was such a big deal for me I really thought they were going to deliver after JT getting MSG for its 30th. They might still deliver with the fan club next year if it’s a zoo tv show, I know you have doubts but I have this hope that they’ll keep it as live material with the fan club going forward. Time will tell I guess.

AB30 is a letdown. Fan club gift .. a zoo show would make sense.
  4. Nice EP,
    I have it in flac