1. How would anyone have a FLAC version anyway? It was probably already lossy in the first place
  2. at least with losses in the best available quality

3. GoldenEye Bono version?
    I thought it was just an unreleased demo
  4. These people evidently don’t know what a demo is. It’s not supposed to sound like a polished, complete song. It’s essentially a ROUGH DRAFT that is then presented to other musicians and producers as a starting point. This writer obviously just wanted an excuse to slag off U2 that wasn’t about Songs of Innocence.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    These people evidently don’t know what a demo is. It’s not supposed to sound like a polished, complete song. It’s essentially a ROUGH DRAFT that is then presented to other musicians and producers as a starting point. This writer obviously just wanted an excuse to slag off U2 that wasn’t about Songs of Innocence.
    Not about Songs of Innocence...... More about U2 pushed Songs of Innocence into my itunes. These type of moronic writers are now passed as music critics and there are plenty of them.
  6. I agree the vocal choice is...interesting, shall we say, but surprising to hear Tina slag it. I mean the melody is evident even at this early version.

Side question : was U2 ever asked to write a Bond song ?
  7. Originally posted by muzika:I agree the vocal choice is...interesting, shall we say, but surprising to hear Tina slag it. I mean the melody is evident even at this early version.

Bono and the Edge are credited as the songwriters of the song Goldeneye.
  8. Er I meant as a band...not just Bono/the Edge. Seems like one of the few things they havent done yet as a band: perform a Bond song
  9. Originally posted by muzika:I agree the vocal choice is...interesting, shall we say, but surprising to hear Tina slag it. I mean the melody is evident even at this early version.

He was singing at least part of it in MacPhisto style
  10. Originally posted by muzika:Er I meant as a band...not just Bono/the Edge. Seems like one of the few things they havent done yet as a band: perform a Bond song
    They did Batman ,Mission Impossible , In the name of the father ,Passengers around that time so maybe they felt it was a bit too much appearing on another film score and offered it to Tina Turner knowing she would knock it out of the park .
  11. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    They did Batman ,Mission Impossible , In the name of the father ,Passengers around that time so maybe they felt it was a bit too much appearing on another film score and offered it to Tina Turner knowing she would knock it out of the park .
    And they weren’t even nominated for an Oscar with those gems… and then for Hands 🤣