1. I agree, I love that period. I think the only album I don't revist much is Exiter. There are some very good songs on that one, but it's their weeker later period albums in whole..... however they came back strong with my favorite album "Playing the Angel," which is one of their best.

2. I have never disliked Depeche Mode from the start but like all bands they have their peaks. I am just happy that a lot of bands I like are still out there touring and making music. I saw them a few times on the Songs Of Faith And Devotion tour and it was absolutely amazing. Their Crystal Palace gig in 1993 was the best I have ever seen them.
    This is a great bootleg of that very show which was broadcast on BBC Radio 1...
  3. I Like DM.i Got all their albums.my fav is A Broken Frame.last albums are good yes.new Sounds.effects.great atmospheres.they Got better through the years buy i always prefer the first albums
    Live they are Great .Dave is a Great frontman.i'm happy that he survived .i even like all the solo Project.expecially Martin solo projects.
    Recoil by Alan Wilder is a good and alternative Project
    I have to admit that what i miss from the Las few album is...rhythm.every new album i wait For a good shot that doesn't come....
    B.t.w.great band.uncompareable
  4. They were at their absolute peak in 1993. Seen them before and after that but nothing touches those Songs Of Faith And Devotion shows.
  5. Saw them on the Devotional tour In 93 and have to they were better than U2 who I saw twice that year on the Zooropa tour ,Gahan is so energetic on stage a cross between Jagger and the Lizard king and the gig was a non stop roller coaster,not that U2 were bad but the whole Mcphisto nonsense was too pantomime for a rock gig and the live link up to Sarajevo in Wembley was excruciatingly and patronizing to say the least and sometimes U2 got lost within their own production as the vastness of the stage could over shadow the power of the songs.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:Saw them on the Devotional tour In 93 and have to they were better than U2 who I saw twice that year on the Zooropa tour ,Gahan is so energetic on stage a cross between Jagger and the Lizard king and the gig was a non stop roller coaster,not that U2 were bad but the whole Mcphisto nonsense was too pantomime for a rock gig and the live link up to Sarajevo in Wembley was excruciatingly and patronizing to say the least and sometimes U2 got lost within their own production as the vastness of the stage could over shadow the power of the songs.
    I think both tours were very different for very different reasons. I saw the same shows and yes the satellite link ups were a disruption to the flow of what was an excellent production. I often wondered why the band were using the mechanism of the link ups as really they were only targeting a captive audience per show. What it did do though was bring the conflict into an arena where more truth was being spoken rather than the mainstream media were.
    In that sense it served a purpose but also at the cost of the concert in many respects. They treated the paying audience as a platform to a wider message that was picked up on. They were told to stop the broadcasts as there was no licence 'for the truth'.
    I asked Bono when I met him in Swansea in 1995 what he was hoping to achieve by doing this as I realised that, to quote Marshall McLuhan, 'the media is the message'.
    It is a phrase that the form of a medium embeds itself in any message it would transmit or convey, creating a symbiotic relationship by which the medium influences how the message is perceived.
    Clearly the music media did pick up on this but the mainstream media stayed well away.
  7. Hello,
    I hope i'm at the right place for this...
    My BFF is selling two GA tickets for Depeche Mode for the Paris show on the 5 december 2017, 90€ for them both.
    Please contact me via MP.
  8. Tickets are sold.
  9. Depeche Mode are a fantastic live act! I agree with many of the posters here that the 1993-94 Devotional Tour was incredible. The impact Alan Wilder had on the band's sound and production was significant, and they've struggled to replace that element of creativity since his departure. However, I saw them last month in Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl), and the show was top notch.

My favorite tracks are "Strangelove", "Walking In My Shoes", "Everything Counts", "It's No Good", "Halo", "Enjoy The Silence", "Precious", "Satellite" and pretty much anything off "Black Celebration" and Some Great Reward"!!
  10. Great gig at the MEN Manchester, bit top heavy on the ultra album, but nice to hear barrel of a gun again, Dave Gahan was in top form, energetic showman, and Martin L Gore at his haunting best (what a voice he has) , deffo up there with U2 in best live bands....the video / graphics we so Anton Corbin thought I was back on the JT tour ?
  11. Anyone know of any depeche mode live recording sharing sites? I recorded Manchester this weekend, but had some problems and only managed the first 50 minutes.