1. @2001, Coldplay weren't as half as big as they're today. That's what I meant. They're a worldwide admired band, I don't think they're up for supporting U2...
  2. Slane is technically a Festival so Coldplay and the Chillis could be considered as part of the lineup rather than support acts as such.

Me? I'd like to see Kings Of Leon again as it will save me going across the water to see them again yesterday. And for some strange reason I keep thinking the Ting Tings will do a few shows.
  3. BB King.
  4. how bout Elbow!?

They were support for R.E.M. last year, and seemingly U2 like them, so who knows :-D.

Amy MacDonald would also be cool imo.
  5. Originally posted by loftarasa:how bout Elbow!?

They were support for R.E.M. last year, and seemingly U2 like them, so who knows :-D.

Amy MacDonald would also be cool imo.

Amy MacDonald..yeah, why not? This Is The Life seguing into GOYB
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]@2001, Coldplay weren't as half as big as they're today. That's what I meant. They're a worldwide admired band, I don't think they're up for supporting U2...

Elbow would be good. Franz Ferdinand have new stuff out this year so maybe we'l see them again to.
  7. Hoping for Fleet Foxes. I like it when they have older artists like Patti Smith or B.A.D. open. Maybe a guy like Tom Verlaine. I always get stuck with rappers as well. Kanye got booed like crazy when I saw them.
  8. Fleet Foxes would be cool.

Kings of Leon were great on Vertigo. I've seen them outside of U2 shows - headlining in summer 2005 and again last October. They are great fun.

The Killers probably wouldn't do it, as they think they are BIGGER than U2 or that U2 should step aside, per some of their interviews.
  9. White Lies or Vampire Weekend would be nice.
  10. I was actually just thinking about this yesterday. I think the Editors would make for an awesome opening band. The opening acts for Vertigo, especially the 2nd leg were just stellar!
  11. Elbow, The Secret Machines, We are Scientists, The Decemberists or The Kooks would be great choices.

12. Oh yes, I guess bands like them are kinda likely actually as U2 usually get newcomers / soon to be bigger artists as support. And as far as I know are those bands highly regarded as promising new artists.