1. I got Interpol and the Machine as well. Was vainly hoping for Muse in North America in 2011. O well.
  2. Big bump! Was thinking about opening acts for U2 tours and wanted to see if you had a favorite? Honestly, the Lumineers for JT17 were really really great. Also thought Snow Patrol in 2009 did well too. Anybody have a favorite they’ve seen open up?
  3. Originally posted by Release3:Big bump! Was thinking about opening acts for U2 tours and wanted to see if you had a favorite? Honestly, the Lumineers for JT17 were really really great. Also thought Snow Patrol in 2009 did well too. Anybody have a favorite they’ve seen open up?
    OneRepublic Also liked Snow Patrol way back when.
  4. Originally posted by Release3:Big bump! Was thinking about opening acts for U2 tours and wanted to see if you had a favorite? Honestly, the Lumineers for JT17 were really really great. Also thought Snow Patrol in 2009 did well too. Anybody have a favorite they’ve seen open up?
    Noel Gallagher was easily the best I’ve seen, The Hours were pretty good though at Hampden 2009, Glasvegas were the main support for that show but thought they were poor. Funnily enough not so long ago I was looking back at the support for the u2 gigs I’ve attended and realised I was wrong about who had supported them back on the elevation tour in Glasgow, had always thought it was idlewild but they were actually support for Coldplay about a year later. Have never heard of the band that did support u2 for that show, Cosmic Rough Riders.
  5. I've seen supporting U2 thus far,

Third Eye Blind - Popmart x2 (Toronto)
    PJ Harvey - Elevation Toronto x2 & Buffalo
    Garbage - Elevation Hamilton
    Kings Of Leon - Vertigo Vancouver
    Paddy Casey - Vertigo Dublin
    The Thrills - Vertigo Dublin
    Dashboard Confessional - Vertigo Toronto x 2
    Snow Patrol - 360 Toronto x 2
    Interpol - 360 Toronto x 1
    Lumineers - JT30 Toronto

Easily the best was Snow Patrol
    The order then

1) Snow Patrol
    2) Lumineers
    3) Paddy Casey
    4) The Thrills
    5) Garbage
    6) Third Eye Blind
    7) Kings Of Leon - barely heard the set as they were finishing when I arrived
    8) Dashboard Confessional - no true opinion because I honestly don't remember any songs etc.
    9) Interpol - honestly sounded like one long set of the same song
    10) PJ Harvey - ranked the worst because I had to sit through her 3x in a single week! Would much rather have preferred The Corrs, or at least Nelly Furtado for the Canadian feel!
  6. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:I've seen supporting U2 thus far,

Third Eye Blind - Popmart x2 (Toronto)
    PJ Harvey - Elevation Toronto x2 & Buffalo
    Garbage - Elevation Hamilton
    Kings Of Leon - Vertigo Vancouver
    Paddy Casey - Vertigo Dublin
    The Thrills - Vertigo Dublin
    Dashboard Confessional - Vertigo Toronto x 2
    Snow Patrol - 360 Toronto x 2
    Interpol - 360 Toronto x 1
    Lumineers - JT30 Toronto

Easily the best was Snow Patrol
    The order then

1) Snow Patrol
    2) Lumineers
    3) Paddy Casey
    4) The Thrills
    5) Garbage
    6) Third Eye Blind
    7) Kings Of Leon - barely heard the set as they were finishing when I arrived
    8) Dashboard Confessional - no true opinion because I honestly don't remember any songs etc.
    9) Interpol - honestly sounded like one long set of the same song
    10) PJ Harvey - ranked the worst because I had to sit through her 3x in a single week! Would much rather have preferred The Corrs, or at least Nelly Furtado for the Canadian feel!
    I would really love to see PJ Harvey in 2001 - her best era

Btw. my favourite was Lenny Kravitz in Seattle 2011. Also Kasabian in Frankfurt 2010 were good (but had terrible sound).
    The worst were definitely Magic Numbers in 2005. And was pretty bored by Snow Patrol
  7. Probably wouldn’t happen but it would be cool if Inhaler opened for them a couple times
  8. Glasvegas in Dublin was the one that sticks out the most. Possibly one of the worst acts I've ever seen.
  9. Yeah, not my cup of tea either back then.
  10. Noel Gallagher is the best support I've seen.

(also happens to be the only support I've seen.)
  11. I've seen The Alarm, Lone Justice, Red Rockers, Los Lobos, Buckwheat Zydeco, BoDeans, B.A.D, Public Enemy, Rage Against The Machine, Florence & The Machine, Muse, One Republic, The Pixies, Smashmouth, Nelly Furtado, Garbage, Pretenders, UB40, World Party, Pauline and the Perils and the one and only time I ever saw U2 as an opener, for the J Geils Band.

Other than The Alarm and World Party, I'd trade any one of those for NGHFB!
  12. Count yourself lucky; for the last two tours to Australia we had Kanye West and Jay-z respectively. Excruciating listening to rap at a rock concert, particularly when we have so many home grown artists who could have been asked.