1. the script

I would love seeing u2 'hire' them
  2. Well apparently there are some news laws being put in place in Australia that restrict foriegn artists to choosing local/Australian support acts... Not sure how true that is but a rumor...

So choosing my best Australian possibilities....

1) Crowded House - They are working on a new album so maybe a good time to tour?
    2) Powderfinger - Classic Aussie Rock - If you haven't heard of them and you like U2 check them out
    3) Silverchair - Have changed their music style alot since they started and Bono meet up with the lead singer a few years back (Daniel Johns) to listen to the new album
  3. I'll stick, as I said before, to REM. They're friends of the band and it would be cool if they performed a song (One? Losing My Religion?) with U2 later on the evening.
    They aren't touring themselves anyway.
  4. 1)Death Cab For Cutie ---- their last album was amazing

2)Spoon - amazing band
  5. The Scripts are good...but...I have heard that the singer insulted Bono....or something..maybe just a rumour
  6. The Script and The Killers
  7. Pearl Jam would rock. And it's possible as they did it before in Honolulu.

The Killers or The Kooks could be fine as well..
  8. Originally posted by markp91:I'll stick, as I said before, to REM. They're friends of the band and it would be cool if they performed a song (One? Losing My Religion?) with U2 later on the evening.
    They aren't touring themselves anyway.

Don't think it will happen, but at the other hand: why not? I would be astonished to see my absolute favourite band play with one of my other favourite acts. What about a nice collaboration during the encore with One and Man On The Moon?
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy:[..]

Don't think it will happen, but at the other hand: why not? I would be astonished to see my absolute favourite band play with one of my other favourite acts. What about a nice collaboration during the encore with One and Man On The Moon?

Yep, thought the same (probably the reason why you quoted me )
    Most U2-fans seem to like REM, so I don't think anyone would be upset.
  10. There's a new band called Frightened Rabbit. From what I've heard they sound rather great.
    In the meanwhile I got to hear Fleet Floxes --> absolute NO for them being support act. They are toooooooooooooo boring and dreary in my opinion. also, their kind of music doesn't fit stadiums...

I want ELBOW ELBOW ELBOW ELBOW. Just watch them doing Glastonbury last year ... they have some great stomping songs to get u ready for the lads.
  11. placebo to open for u2 and interpol or qotsa would be good.