1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Boots is to U2 what Shiny Happy People was to R.E.M. it's a jangly pop song with ridiculous lyrics that appeals to some but not one of their more memorable efforts.
    Shiny Happy People was still a great song and one of REM's biggest hits. As much as I wanted to like 'Boots' when it was released, I just felt cheated. Then I heard the album with fantastic songs such as the title track, Unknown Caller, Fez-Being born, etc. I still think 'Crazy' 'Boots' and 'Stand Up Comedy' sound crammed in to an otherwise atmospheric piece of work.

2. This song still sucks
  3. I like so much this song (live version). It's not of my favorites but still great for me.
  4. It's their worst single since Numb.
  5. analyzing NLOTH as a whole, GOYB sounds very different, this is what make this song interesting
  6. It derailed the whole album it threw people off buying the album ,they pushed it as much as possible playing it at all the awards ceremonies and TV chat shows but the general consensus was it wasn't very good .Magnificent should have been the first single it would have given the album a wider appeal and even though they did release it Boots left a sour taste, I know you'll have people round here defending Boots but these are the same type of people who defend "Freedom"by Paul McCartney just because of who he is not because of the quality of the song.
  7. Agree 100% with popmarter, Boots is their worst single since Numb and ruins NLOTH.
  8. I rather liked Numb