1. One of their most underrated songs. Killer live, great lyrics, crackings solo. Put in a badass Popmart-Bman and you have an absolute epic.

I went looking for spirit
    Found alchohol
    I went looking for soul
    And I bought some style
    I wanted to meet God
    But they sold me religion
  2. Originally posted by dieder:One of their most underrated songs. Killer live, great lyrics, crackings solo. Put in a badass Popmart-Bman and you have an absolute epic.

[..]

i agree with every word.
  3. Does anyone know the chords played by Bono on this song during Popmart ??
  4. Brilliant song and one of the best U2 videos ever.
  5. Close with this on the new tour with the insane outro ala Popmart Mexico.
  6. man, the song in Mexico DVD is incredible! the giant and coloured tunnel in the pop mart screen is magic! bono's curious walk playing guitar is amazing, and if you watch this with powerful sound system you go crazy!

Observation: thanks for write what bono says before the main song, i ever wanted to understand it clearly
  7. Not sure if he actually PLAYS guitar or just mimics, but anyway the chords (in case he plays them) must be Em, G and D during the verses, and G, A, D, Bm during the chorus, if I remember correctly. Oh, and that beautiful C#m, A, E progression during the bridge, but I doubt he plays during that part at all. That's all the chords he (might) play in the song. (and all tuned down one step, of course)
  8. I went looking for spirit
    Found alchohol
    I went looking for soul
    And I bought some style
    I wanted to meet God
    But they sold me religion

9. Hello!
    Leeds and Chile!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]Not sure if he actually PLAYS guitar or just mimics, but anyway the chords (in case he plays them) must be Em, G and D during the verses, and G, A, D, Bm during the chorus, if I remember correctly. Oh, and that beautiful C#m, A, E progression during the bridge, but I doubt he plays during that part at all. That's all the chords he (might) play in the song. (and all tuned down one step, of course)

Thank you so much

I want them to play this song during the upcoming shows... I'm dreaming, but I would like to see a sort of "Popmart Encore", just like there was a "Zoo TV Encore" during the Vertigo Tour. Mofo/LNOE/Discotheque or Mofo/I Will Follow/LNOE... This kind of thing
  11. Mofo - I Will Follow - Last Night (and/or Gone) sounds like a fucking great and rocker encore to my ears
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]Not sure if he actually PLAYS guitar or just mimics, but anyway the chords (in case he plays them) must be Em, G and D during the verses, and G, A, D, Bm during the chorus, if I remember correctly. Oh, and that beautiful C#m, A, E progression during the bridge, but I doubt he plays during that part at all. That's all the chords he (might) play in the song. (and all tuned down one step, of course)

I don´t think he mimics during popmart though... in gone u can hear him, also very low but u can hear him in one and LNOE. actually i find it easy to hear hi on LNOE during POPMART. he does some arpeggios and during the edge´s solos u can see and hear him playing the rythm. Other examples of him helping quite well on guitar is Running to stand still and the Fly from chicago. Also walk on from boston, he even plays the lead in the middle of the song! he´s not so bad, i only dont like him when he gets the guitar for breathe or wowy, cause then he does nothing helpful!