1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Whatever the outcome or thoughts, my big question is why wait so long? It's been almost 45 years and Randy California has been dead for nearly 20 years and now his family has this epiphany?
    It's been opened wide by the Blurred Lines case. I understand people want to make money but this is merely an unethical way to achieve it. The families are just being naive and, quite frankly, stupid.
  2. Except Zeppelin is notorious for stealing other people's ideas (all you have to do is google it, there are a LOT more examples than this one).

I dunno. I agree that most of the cases like this are dumb, but to me this one is pretty....suspicious.

Also, the Blurred Lines thing went down more complicated than people think. It started out as Pharell taking legal action to ensure the Marvin Gaye estate could never sue them over Blurred Lines (weird..wouldn't that mean he himself had a gut feeling it was a ripoff?) and they counter-sued and won.
  3. "Almost enough time to listen to Stairway to Heaven"
  4. When Men at Work's fairly iconic Australian song went to court over a flute / recorder line in the song that sounded something similar to an old Australian nursery rhyme and was found to have copied it, entitling the copyright holders to claim somewhat in the vicinity of half the entire earnings for the song, for a snippet that goes a few seconds... Luckily they only got 5%

Led Zeppelin should thank the lords that they don't have to dispute their shit in Australia.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2010-02-04/men-at-work-plundered-kookaburra-riff-court/321624

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2010-02-04/listen-to-a-mix-of-both-songs-and-compare/321638
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Except Zeppelin is notorious for stealing other people's ideas (all you have to do is google it, there are a LOT more examples than this one).

I dunno. I agree that most of the cases like this are dumb, but to me this one is pretty....suspicious.

Also, the Blurred Lines thing went down more complicated than people think. It started out as Pharell taking legal action to ensure the Marvin Gaye estate could never sue them over Blurred Lines (weird..wouldn't that mean he himself had a gut feeling it was a ripoff?) and they counter-sued and won.
    Oh yeah, you have to agree that Zeppelin had a tendency to take from other artists. The first album is full of all that. But I'm on the other side - I don't see this one as suspicious, I just see it as a family trying to sort of tarnish the legacy of one of the most renowned rock tracks ever. They know they'll make tonnes of money out of it.

I'm more talking about the Blurred Lines case being a premise for families to begin legal action because they know they can cash in on it. There will be a theme of it now. But I agree, the Blurred Lines case was an odd one, where Pharrell essentially scored an own goal.
  6. Led Zeppelin’s ‘Celebration Day’ to Stream on YouTube for Limited Time

7. Later... with Jools Holland @ 10pm tonight

Jools chats to the legendary Robert Plant, who talks him through his musical journey, loves and influences.
  8. Percy
  9. That’s insane!!

Obvious choice, but my fav album of theirs. Just masterpiece after masterpiece.