1. what do you guys think of the new single?
    I loved ffs work so far, but I'm not quite sure what to think of ulysses yet. I'll prolly wait for the second single and then decide whether to buy the album or not...

(haven't seen a franz ferdinand topic yet, sorry if it already exists!)
  2. new album is good!

3. care to elaborate? lol.
    what's good about it, what's new, what's old?
    what about the lyrics? is there an overall topic?

4. I've only listened to it once straight through, but it is definitely the Franz Ferdinand we love, but there are some new sounds in there mainly in the form of some electronics and some dance rhythms and beats, more so than the previous two which of course have that disco-esque beat to them. Ulysses and Lucid Dreams and Live Alone are tracks that come to mind right now. It's worth the wait!
  5. Not meant to steal the thread but did you guys know that Franz Ferdinand was a pivotal caracter in World War I?? I just realized it the other day and how lame this is as a name for a band.
  6. Originally posted by thechicken:Not meant to steal the thread but did you guys know that Franz Ferdinand was a pivotal caracter in World War I?? I just realized it the other day and how lame this is as a name for a band.

I did know that and i think it's a great name regardless
  7. Originally posted by thechicken:Not meant to steal the thread but did you guys know that Franz Ferdinand was a pivotal caracter in World War I?? I just realized it the other day and how lame this is as a name for a band.

Watch the electronic presskit for the new album (link below)

And you will learn WHY they chose the name. You will learn there is thought to it and it isn't so lame afterall.
  8. I like this song, don't love it, but it does pique my interest in the new album. I like them dabbling in the electronic. But overall, I want my FF to make me want to bang my head a little more. I guess I'm just evil and a heathen.

9. I didn't watch it all...but I saw the part about Franz Ferdinand was shot and changed the world and we started a band to change the world...is this it? because I still find it lame
  10. Originally posted by zooey:I like this song, don't love it, but it does pique my interest in the new album. I like them dabbling in the electronic. But overall, I want my FF to make me want to bang my head a little more. I guess I'm just evil and a heathen.

haha very nice. The Fallen is a great number too
  11. Just bought my FF tickets Friday night - they're coming to town in April.
  12. Bump ***

Does anyone like this band? I'm getting a bit into them and I pretty much like what I've heard... Good stuff. Funny 00s rock, just a little bit more elaborated than Artic Monkeys but a little less complex than Muse. I like them

I realized a few days ago that I have seen them live, without even noticing:
    they supported U2 on the Vertigo Tour show here in Madrid, on August 11th 2005