1. Stay is really good, so is The Fly
  2. Lemon is the one video which makes the song even better. Perhaps because I always remember watching it when I was younger and thinking it was really cool. Well, it still is a really cool video! I don't get the same feeling if I just listen to Lemon. Watching the video makes Lemon 'complete' for me, if you know what I mean?

The way MacPhisto sings the final "Lemon" and moves away from the microphone at the end is my favourite moment in the video.

3. Please, Lemon, Stay, Discotheque, Last Night On Earth, Mysterious Ways...

And the worst video is: Stuck In A Moment U.S. version
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:Please, Lemon, Stay, Discotheque, Last Night On Earth, Mysterious Ways...

And the worst video is: Stuck In A Moment U.S. version
    GOYB is pretty bad too
  5. GOYB is just a visual overload of whatever. It suits the manic style of the song well.

Please is my favourite video now.
  6. True.

Please, Stay and Lemon are all great. So is The Fly.
  7. I have always loved If God Will His Angels.
  8. *Send His Angels
  9. So, I think I've just noticed an optical illusion in the Lemon video. I guess it was unintended but it adds another aspect to the video. Hard to unsee it now. Its the black dots illusion, you can see it best at the last shot of Bono, where he sings "Lemon" then slowly backs away from the microphone.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Haha, I just watched Mark Neale's commentary on the video, he doesn't say anything about the illusion but I love how he describes it as "A Study Of MacPhisto In Motion." Shame he didn't think up the caption he talks about in the commentary at the time of making it. "A man teetering" when The Fly is up on his points of his shoes.

Great video. One of U2's best.
  10. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:So, I think I've just noticed an optical illusion in the Lemon video. I guess it was unintended but it adds another aspect to the video. Hard to unsee it now. Its the black dots illusion, you can see it best at the last shot of Bono, where he sings "Lemon" then slowly backs away from the microphone.

Has anyone else noticed this?

[image]

Haha, I just watched Mark Neale's commentary on the video, he doesn't say anything about the illusion but I love how he describes it as "A Study Of MacPhisto In Motion." Shame he didn't think up the caption he talks about in the commentary at the time of making it. "A man teetering" when The Fly is up on his points of his shoes.

Great video. One of U2's best.
    Good point. I remember the video was an homage to a series of photographs from the early XX century? I don't think the illusion was just coincidence.
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Good point. I remember the video was an homage to a series of photographs from the early XX century? I don't think the illusion was just coincidence.
    Yes. Eadweard Muybridge, who most famously used high speed photography to prove that horses leave the ground completely when galloping. The background similar to the one he used for his photographs is used in the Lemon video