1. So what videos were shot on film and could be upgraded? I would love 4K remasters. Even if they're on a release rather than on YouTube.

But this is a band that still likes DVD.

I know Lemon was shot on film. MacPhisto in 4k would be amazing.
  2. New Years Day
    With or without you
    Streets
    I still haven’t found
    Desire
    All I want is you
    One
    Mysterious ways
    Lemon
    Stay
    Please
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo
    All shot on film
  3. Originally posted by justinpushplay:New Years Day
    With or without you
    Streets
    I still haven’t found
    Desire
    All I want is you
    One
    Mysterious ways
    Lemon
    Stay
    Please
    Beautiful Day
    Vertigo
    All shot on film
    What is your source for this list? Very interesting
  4. Vertigo was just extremely grainy on purpose because of those special effects right?
  5. For me I think it has to be

* Streets
    - absolute classic, say no more.

* I Still Haven't Found
    - just love how pissed off Edge looks at one point when Bono is singing in his face, always cracks me up

* The Fly
    - wild just like the song, birth of the NEW U2. Zoo TV lights up Picadilly Circus, Bono handing out Zoo TV Watch More TV leaflets. it was obvious when this vid dropped that something was gonna come of that - I remember I was scribbling Zoo TV down everywhere back at the time like some demented U2 obsessed loon - and oh something really did come of it. All that stuff of setting up shots of reflections in Bono's flyshades from the monitors of their current playback. Edge's moves on set were so cool he had to take pride of place on the tour programme cover the next year. Plus all Bono's crazy shenanigans in Soho - there was a really great write-up of all this in one of the Propaganda's at the time - I think I remember reading he was stealing apples and mingling with hookers and yer typical Bono playful mood stuff. There's a little taste of this sorta thing in the opening seconds of the video.

Just found some interesting pics from the two different shoots here (on-location and studio) https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=767867343353417&set=bono-1991the-fly-video-shooting-soho-london...

...this was the only way out from beyond The Joshua Tree / R&H - and boy did they pull it off in STYLE.

* One
    - Berlin version mainly - but love the NYC and Buffalo versions too.

* The Unforgettable Fire
    - dark, moody, brooding, atmospheric, just like the song/album.

* Pride
    - always takes me back to my first time exploring the streets of Dublin, the coda playout makes me feel nostalgic / melancholic.

* Walk On
    - primarily the International version / but the US version is great too - lovely shots of the band in both, nothing too fancypants, just enjoyable to see our band being our band.

A few more, honourable mentions WOWY, NYD, A Celebration, Discotheque - but the above are the ones that spring to mind as my personal favourites. There are a few stinkers out there though imho. I suppose as a lot of artists / musicians say - they're a necessary evil - but you may as well do something interesting with them if you can, and I think mostly U2 do. But I'm biased.
  6. I'll take this opportunity to say one more time that Every Breaking Wave (long or short version) is one of the best videos they've filmed.
  7. Nice to hear this remix with a proper bono vocal on it
  8. Originally posted by Caledonia:For me I think it has to be

* I Still Haven't Found
    - just love how pissed off Edge looks at one point when Bono is singing in his face, always cracks me up

My wife, who only likes a few U2 songs once told me "Why is Bono all over Edge's face?" when she saw that video. I could only say "he's like that all the time, and Edge always looks like he's about to punch him in the face."

My 2 year old son likes that video too. He used to watch it while eating his breakfast (he's now tired of that video, haha), so the video now means a lot to me.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]

My wife, who only likes a few U2 songs once told me "Why is Bono all over Edge's face?" when she saw that video. I could only say "he's like that all the time, and Edge always looks like he's about to punch him in the face."

My 2 year old son likes that video too. He used to watch it while eating his breakfast (he's now tired of that video, haha), so the video now means a lot to me.
    Haha nice
  10. I see they have "moved"some of the videos uploaded by fans to the official U2 channel, keeping the views, etc.

This isn't even the official video but it's on the official channel... WHY