1. Magnificient or SUC or breathe, it wont let me vote on front page, comes up with error message, ill go with magnificient though.
  2. Never expected Magnificent to be ranked so high
    Moment of Surrender, shud be interesting

3. the 2nd of the 30 sec clips of Magnificient is great, my sister even likes it, and for her to like a u2 song after 3 years of hearing them non stop everytime we're in the car at the same time to a point where she hates them, thats definatly saying sumthing for her to say she likes it, hahahaah.

4. It's the song the reviews so far have the highest rating for, it promised to be another U2 classic, instant hit and definitely will be a single.

So much for expectations
  5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

It's the song the reviews so far have the highest rating for, it promised to be another U2 classic, instant hit and definitely will be a single.

So much for expectations

Well it does have the classical U2 sound, however I was under the impression ppl wanted somethin new, aka all this talk about new sound
    Im not gonna lie tough, its prob one of my faves as well
    Altough I went for moment of surrender coz of the hype some journalists been givin it over here
  6. im regreting deleting the clips now, i want to listen again.
  7. Must say, that after listening for a while to 45 sec preview of each song I can say the following:

NLOTH - the only song on the album which I utterly dislike (both versions). Dont know, for me it just doesnt sound good... the lyrics seem to me meaningless... it kinda fits the atmosphere of the album, but for me it's the worst song yet.

Magnificent - good, reminds of JT era brought up to *modern times*. So far I like this song, though to be honest, I dont think it will be the best song on the album. It's nothing special, just old school good U2 (though by no means it is bad).

Moment of Surrender - hart to tell from 45 sec... but the intro is nice, I like it.

Unknown Caller - almost the same comments for now... 45 sec is not enough, but the intro is again exciting (though I must say Edge's falcetto sounds kinda ..too mellow??)

Crazy Tonight - another good old school U2. Sounds, I like the chorus (well, the beginning of it - that's all that can be heard in 45 sec preview). Nice.

Stand Up Comedy - Wow. One of my favs so far. Nice funky piece of music. The guitar is cool there. The vocals are also cool, Bono does not seem to show off his *high pitched new style* voice which he does on some songs (Boots, NLOTH), but actually sings well instead. Overall I have great expectations for this song.

Fez - kinda mysterious. But what I have heard so far I have liked it. Pretty cool build up. We'll see what's next.

White as snow - nice slow almost acoustic song. Can't say much about this. It's good, but absolutely nothing special (so far - what I can tell from 45 sec)

Breathe - kinda average for me. Sounds similar to Stand Up Comedy, but I like the latter much more than this song.

Cedars - Good so far. Actually I'm very excited to hear the chorus. I wonder what it will be: sudden change from spoken verses to high pitched screaming chorus (most likely) or something else?

Overall, I must say that I am impressed.
    This album pushes the limits much more than ATY and HTDAAB, whose only themes were that the world is bad and we must do something to make it better.
    NLOTH sounds much deeper, at least for me.

8. Originally posted by Elektrik2007:
    This album pushes the limits much more than ATY and HTDAAB, whose only themes were that the world is bad and we must do something to make it better.
    NLOTH sounds much deeper, at least for me.

I don't know if i would say the only themes on the last two records were the world is bad fix it, but other than that i would tend to agree with alot of your analysis, although i'm thinking when we hear Breathe it's gonna end up higher on your list than you have it now
  9. Magnificent. I've not listened yet...
  10. Can't help but closing this poll already, obviously

Which new song do you look forward to most? (poll started on 2009-02-16)

Magnificent - 20.6%
    Moment of Surrender - 19.8%
    Fez – Being Born - 10.7%
    Breathe - 9.9%
    I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - 8.4%
    Cedars Of Lebanon - 7.3%
    Unknown Caller - 7.3%
    No Line On The Horizon (album version) - 6.1%
    Stand Up Comedy - 5.7%
    White As Snow - 4.2%

Votes: 262