1. There's Pride too, of course -
  2. shot me dead, brilliant.

3. ur favourite on the album? what u2 songs do u like more then this? i just want sum perspective from sum people.
  4. beginning sounds like a peter gabriel song to me .i mean the sort of style this is
    one of my favorites .....
    this will be great live
    this song gives me a magnifecent feeling .....!!!
  5. I've gotta get these into a review somewhere.

Magnificent is the second song from No Line On The Horizon, and rightly so - it could not have been track three or even the fourth track - it wouldn't make sense there. One of the longer songs on the album at a smidgen over five minutes, what we have is a more challenging song than some of the others on the record. For a song being called Magnificent, it's worthy of that title.

We start off with a Boots-like grunge and demented sound over a basic 1-2-1-2 drum beat with more Bloom experiments taken on-board, and go into what could be described as some sort of keyboard sound (like from the Achtung Baby sessions) in a 'doo-da-doo-da'. The unmistakable pipes of Bono start shouting Magnificent twice and singing about 'being born to be with you in time' and 'oh-oh-oh-oh', and a military-like beat, aking to a faster Sunday Bloody Sunday. It's kind of a little story in places.

Reminiscent of Levitate from the Pop sessions and constant use of 'Only love can...', one of two things - leave such a mark or leave such a scar. At about three minutes and 46 seconds in, we have a beautiful extended falsetto and a great 70s-sounding guitar riff and Bono's shout of 'magnificent', in that same way as the recent Grammy's performance of Get On Your Boots at the 'not right now' part.

Q Magazine's descriptions of 'slow-building anthem' wasn't far off the mark. Again, for such an upbeat track about love, it's a great track - but be warned, this is yet another one which is gonna take you, maybe a month or so to get into. By no means is it a bad song, but I'm sure someone's bound to pop up with comments about being repetitive. 8 / 10.
  6. Amazing song, after about 5 listens of the album, this stands outs! definite single
  7. Great song. Maybe it's just me, but I hear a little "Rejoice" off of October in this one, and that's a good thing.

8. Could be, it's the most 'Christian' song of them all. Bono read David's Psalms again.
  9. This is my fav for now
  10. Can't get it out of my head. The absofuckinglutely greatest song in the universe for me. I've listened to it like 100000 times
  11. Originally posted by yuri31:Can't get it out of my head. The absofuckinglutely greatest song in the universe for me. I've listened to it like 100000 times

quite impossible since the album was leaked yesterday

12. ok, iTunes say it's been only 23 times I've listened to the other tracks like 6 or 7 times so far