1. Easily one of my top 5 U2 songs. It tugs on the inherently spiritual nature of the human experience. Regardless of faith, there always comes a moment where one must ask themselves who they are as a person and where they stand in the world. I believe this song conveys that well.
  2. This was my instant favorite on my first listen to NLOTH, and is a defining closer. I miss when U2 had the defining closer. This was a fitting replacement to 40 and one of them should return. The closers on ie just seemed discombobulated and anticlimactic.

The ultimate moment for me with this was at the Miami show for 360. Clarence Clemons had just passed and they added verses to Jungleland at the very end (much more than a snippet IMHO) as an ode to him... chills just thinking about. A U2 masterpiece for sure. And the lyrics are some of Bonos finest.
  3. "At the ATM machine"

(At the Automated Teller Machine machine)
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:This was my instant favorite on my first listen to NLOTH, and is a defining closer. I miss when U2 had the defining closer. This was a fitting replacement to 40 and one of them should return. The closers on ie just seemed discombobulated and anticlimactic.

The ultimate moment for me with this was at the Miami show for 360. Clarence Clemons had just passed and they added verses to Jungleland at the very end (much more than a snippet IMHO) as an ode to him... chills just thinking about. A U2 masterpiece for sure. And the lyrics are some of Bonos finest.
    Such a beautiful closer. The fact that many people left during the song speaks more about our attention deficit in this era than about the actual song, which is a true masterpiece.
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Such a beautiful closer. The fact that many people left during the song speaks more about our attention deficit in this era than about the actual song, which is a true masterpiece.
    I remember first list to NLOTH with my buddy and he called it then... "thats going to be the new closer"
  6. "I was punching in the numbers at the ATM machine
    I could see in the reflection
    A face staring back at me"

Probably one of my favorite verses of all time.
  7. oh shush This song was really great live. Shame though they ditched the second verse so soon.
  8. According to Eno the original recording lasted even longer, with another additional verse which never made it into the album. Pity.
  9. Originally posted by Remy:According to Eno the original recording lasted even longer, with another additional verse which never made it into the album. Pity.
    Pity x 2