1. The snippet between Beautiful Day and Bad on the Innocence Tour was really great

They should bring this song back but they don't have the ballllllllllls
  2. Originally posted by MattG:The snippet between Beautiful Day and Bad on the Innocence Tour was really great

Maybe it'll be too much for Bono's voice now to deliver it like he did on the 360 tour, and I'm not sure a more subdued vocal delivery would be as impactful.
  3. Originally posted by MattG:The snippet between Beautiful Day and Bad on the Innocence Tour was really great

The problem is that most of the songs from No Line got a lukewarm response on the 360 tour now the band treat it like an estranged sibling who brought shame on the family similar to POP ,Moment of Surrender was great live however it should never have been a closing song as the tempo was a bit too slow they got wide to that later in the tour and played much more lively songs to end the Gig.
  4. I loved the 360 live versions of the NLOTH songs. Each revealed itself upon repeated listens.
  5. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    The problem is that most of the songs from No Line got a lukewarm response on the 360 tour now the band treat it like an estranged sibling who brought shame on the family similar to POP ,Moment of Surrender was great live however it should never have been a closing song as the tempo was a bit too slow they got wide to that later in the tour and played much more lively songs to end the Gig.
    They didn't, really - see below. And MOS is a great U2 show closer in my opinion. They almost always end on an emotional note. You are however correct in that the response to the NLOTH songs on that tour earned them a semi-permanent spot on the shelf.

Closing songs

Moment of Surrender (101)
    With or Without You (2)
    One Tree Hill (1)
    Happy Birthday (1)
    Out of Control (1)
    Bad (1)
    All I Want Is You (1)
    40 (1)

I think trying to make a pensive, vulnerable, emotional gospel song like Moment of Surrender work on a stage as massive and imposing as The Claw is just sort of bound to fail. I don't know. They're certainly capable of a huge emotional moment, but the 120 minutes of show before MOS seemed to contradict what that song was going for. Love it all in concept, just seemed like a necessary evil of The Claw. No denying MOS was a bore most nights.
  6. I loved it. Most satisfying closing song in a long time.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    I think trying to make a pensive, vulnerable, emotional gospel song like Moment of Surrender work on a stage as massive and imposing as The Claw is just sort of bound to fail. I don't know. They're certainly capable of a huge emotional moment, but the 120 minutes of show before MOS seemed to contradict what that song was going for. Love it all in concept, just seemed like a necessary evil of The Claw. No denying MOS was a bore most nights.

For me that was part of what made MOS so special as a show closer: the contrast between the 360 stage and the nature of this particular song. In fact - though I enjoyed seeing HMTMKMKM come back in 2010/11 - that was also why I loved the entire encore of 360 so much in 2009 especially. From Ultraviolet to WOWY to MOS, that whole extended ending to the show seemed to be going for a message of: in order to fully 'kiss the future' you first have to surrender...if that makes sense.